Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

CGI Script on Apache 1.3.9 (win32)

Quote Reply
CGI Script on Apache 1.3.9 (win32)
I am attempting to get a customised DBMan to run on the Apache Webserver (win32).

The script runs perfectly on Sambar Server 4.2, but all attempts to run on Apache (win32) fail.

The script comes to an abrupt halt whenever I access the database (i have discovered that the problem is not related to DBMan necessarily, thus the posting here). However if I generate a "hello world" html page within DBMan this works.

It seems that when PERL generates larger pages the PERL script stops midstream, truncating the HTML output - no Errors are generated in the logfile and the PERL.exe does not complete.

It also does not truncate at exactly the same size - one file is truncated after 8kb output, another after 12kb output. However for each page the page is always truncated in exactly the same place.

What is infuriating is that this script is working perfectly on Unix platform and on Sambar 4.2 (although it suffers similar fate on newer Sambar)

I need to get operational on decent Win32 platform

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: CGI Script on Apache 1.3.9 (win32) In reply to
Did you try other scripts other than DBman, preferably your own codes. I am using Apache on win32 with perl for a while and it seems to be working properly.

------------------
Turk Scripts
http://turkiyem.com/turkscripts