Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Best Page-Creation Scripts

Quote Reply
Best Page-Creation Scripts
Many of us have been to cgi-resources and other sites to review online page creation scripts.

I want to get people's opinions of which one(s) is the best according to the following:

a. Ability to create and edit w/o HTML knowledge (Why? Well, some scripts let you WYSIWYG create and then stick you with HTML when you want to make edits. Big problem for users who know nothing about HTML.)

b. Features not compromising security
- Ability to keep users in a directory w/o ability to delete it or move to others.
- ability to upload pictures w/o jeopardizing the server.

I know that different scripts address part of these issues, but I want to know what current product you'd choose. BTW, it should not break the bank.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Page-Creation Scripts In reply to
None of them. There are no scripts on the market today (for free) that offer what you want. Didn't you post something like this a month or so ago?

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
The script doesn't have to be free to interest me. I'm just seeking a user-friendly, secure, and effective script.

It might be better for me to inquire about the best scripts out there, regardless of price.

I've seen a few online WYSIWYG editors that are too challenging to keep the interest of an average user. Plus, some only allow one to simply type text when creating a page, but later require that the user knows HTML in order to edit the page.
Quote Reply
I'm considering using communityweaver.com
from buildacommunity.com but I haven't decided. It looks like a great program but I'm trying to find someone who is currently using it for their thoughts.