Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

A little help with a newsletter/subscription code

Quote Reply
A little help with a newsletter/subscription code
hey all so i downloaded and installed a script from http://www.mikesworld.net. it works fine on my test website and all but i need a little help.
This is how it works: You type in your e-mail address on the form in the website and click "Subscribe". That info sends to a file thats in cgi-bin/mailmachine.cgi. From there, their email adds to a txt file database and I'm able to login into an admin panel at anytime and see who's subscribed to my newsletter database and I can send them all a mass newsletter.
What I would like the code to do is to read not only emails but also a Name, and Gamertag (Xbox). ive tried myself but i've had no luck. ive already created the form on my website for users to input their Name and Gamertag but the problem im having is with mailmachine.cgi reading and saving that information to a text file along with the email.

**Ive uploaded the code as an attachment because it was too long to read on these forums**
Quote Reply
Re: [Vitalization] A little help with a newsletter/subscription code In reply to
Personally, I would just look for a script which does offer the ability to add a name as well as the email address. There are a ton of free scripts out there (afraid I don't have time to start searching through them for you though, to find one that offers the ability to have a "name" field :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A little help with a newsletter/subscription code In reply to
Thank you i found a script that was 20x more advanced with about 6 different fields. Unforunately none of them were "gamertags" but that was easily fixable with "CTRL + F" in the cgi code :)

I found it here: http://www.npscripts.com/index.html

Last edited by:

Vitalization: Jul 4, 2010, 3:29 PM