Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

What's the Deal with PayPal?

Quote Reply
What's the Deal with PayPal?
I searched the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem that I am...but couldn't find anything that directly relates to my problem.

Basically, it's been some months since I've logged into my PayPal account...and I need to login to set up some payment options, and I couldn't because I couldn't remember my password...wait, YES, I did use their password lookup form and it stated,"An Email has been sent to your account"...waited two days, no emails.

So, I changed my account information (email addresss) went their hoops and I did receive a confirmation call this morning and "reactivated" my account...the voice message said that I should have something in my email box or check their website....no email.

So, I tried looking up my password again through the Access Lookup Form...still no email.

Anyone else have this problem of getting their access info and how did you solve it (other than going with another payment service)?
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] What's the Deal with PayPal? In reply to
Strange. I just tested now and got the email within 30 seconds...

Quote:
Dear AdSQL,

This email was sent automatically by the PayPal server in response
to your request to recover your password. This is done for your
protection --- only you, the recipient of this email can take the next
step in the password recovery process.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] What's the Deal with PayPal? In reply to
Thanks for the reply, Paul...after investigating the problem with PayPal and also my hosting company (Hostcentric), I found out that the latter has been filtering "forgot@paypal.com" email address in their global filters on all their mail servers...ugh!

After spending a week between my hosting company and PayPal, the last resort was for PayPal to physically mail out my "reset password instructions".

I guess I feel stupid for doubting PayPal and not doubting my hosting company.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me