Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Webhost 100MB - unlimited email account - Question !

Quote Reply
Webhost 100MB - unlimited email account - Question !
Hello !

I have another question about webhosting !

This is a hosting plan :

Storage: 100MB
Email account: Unlimited

My Question: I have used 95MB for my website. There are 5MB webspace available. I want to know will it OK to let my friend send an email to me with file attachment about 10MB ?

What that mean about Unlimited Email account? Will I have unlimited space to receive the email?

Incase I still have 5MB webspace available and I just need 5 email addresses only. All I worry about each email account can receive an email message less than 1MB - Is it true?

I should ask my webhosting company but I believe I will get the faster answer if I post my question on this forum.

Thanks a lot and hope you guys understand my question !

N.A
Quote Reply
Re: [newage24] Webhost 100MB - unlimited email account - Question ! In reply to
I would recommend contacting the hosting company, because unless someone is actually hosted with them here, they will not know. I doubt most people have even got to the stage of usihg up 95% of their space either Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You might be lucky and find that email attachments won't fill up your hosting account as attachments are often stored in a different partition, however some hosts setup your mailbox in your home directory so really you need to ask your host or just trying sending the email :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 9, 2002, 2:43 AM
Quote Reply
Even if you have enough disk quote left on your account many ISPs now put restrictions on the size of email and email attachments. Most set this to about 5MB. For such large files, better alternatvies exist. Have you looked into FTP? SCP?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Webhost 100MB - unlimited email account - Question ! In reply to
Some even calculate the size of your mysql db toward your overall capacity

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Webhost 100MB - unlimited email account - Question ! In reply to
I guess it is sensible otherwise you could find people running Links SQL with the entire dmoz directory in dynamic mode with under 20MB web space Smile
Quote Reply
At first glance I understood it to mean you could have an unlimited number of e-mail accounts. Some plans give you 5 e-mail accounts, others 10, etc.