Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Web Base Application Wizard -- So most of you guy don't need do programming anymore!

Quote Reply
Web Base Application Wizard -- So most of you guy don't need do programming anymore!
Hi Guys& Gals!

I would like to know your opinion!
How would you like if somebody create web base application writing on Perl or PHP, that creates programs(any kind of application) with ability to create final product for any platform (NT,UNIX) and convert it most useable web technologies like CGI,ASP,JAVA,PERL,FLASH,PHP without knowledge of programming!

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: [doom] Web Base Application Wizard -- So most of you guy don't need do programming anymore! In reply to
Erm, and you intend to write something like this? It would almost be impossible, as you would have to work out every kind of request, and certain things require different types of login etc.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [doom] Web Base Application Wizard -- So most of you guy don't need do programming anymore! In reply to
There are already enterprise technologies out there, like BEA's product line (www.bea.com), WebSphere, Eprise Participant Server, etc. that do what you are offering.

Although I'd be interested in a product that could forward and backward translate scripts between like ASP and Cold Fusion...since our clients at my job have different programming requirements. It'd be nice to drop and drag scripts and have them automatically translated to another application/script on the fly...but highly improbable since syntax vary so much between programming languages and applications.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Jul 9, 2002, 9:33 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Web Base Application Wizard -- So most of you guy don't need do programming anymore! In reply to
Unfotunately, I think those require you to run one of their servers on your system. I'd say it'd take an engineer to setup one of those and integrate into your current system and even then, requires tech to babysit.

There's also http://www.codecharge.com which allows you to create applications for multiple language targets.

I doubt there can be such a thing that will do a true conversion process between languages, e.g: perl and java - how would "evals" of strings be handled? At most 80%. But if you force the developper to use a strict subset of syntax, only certain libraries and offload as much development work into config files it might be quite possible. (though, you'll get stuck with an ugly stub sometimes)

.Net seems interesting in this regard.... but I don't know enough about it :/ And that technology is also for the "dark side" right? *grin*