Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Voice Recognition Software....Any Opinions??

Quote Reply
Voice Recognition Software....Any Opinions??
Hi All

I have a friend who can't type worth a hill of beans, but he needs to communicate through email, the web, etc...

What I thought is that perhaps some good Voice Recognition program would be the way to go.

Has anyone had any experience with Voice stuff, and are there any outstanding programs out there?

Thanks very much. Smile Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Voice Recognition Software....Any Opinions?? In reply to
I brought ViaVoice a year or so back, and that was VERY good for its time. It recognised punctuation, ful;l stops, new lines, and obviously words. I dread to think how good it is now, as it was quite ahead of its time when I got it. The only thin it did have problems with, was multiple users. Anyway, thats what I would reccommend :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Voice Recognition Software....Any Opinions?? In reply to
Thanks, Andy. I'll look into it. Smile

Quote Reply
In the past I've used L&H VoiceExpress which sucked because the software would always crash my computer, and later ViaVoice which was much better. Microsoft has some voice recognition software that you can download for free from MSDN or .NET or whatever they call it, and it's available in several languages (English, Japanese, etc.).

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Voice Recognition Software....Any Opinions?? In reply to
Thanks, Andrew. I recently got a WinXP machine, and it has some kind of voice thing, but it annoyed me so much that I disabled it. I'll look into the MS product that you referred to, though.

Thanks, again. Smile

Quote Reply
Sly At this point in time, Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the clear 'winner' in this category, with great features, and very good accuracy.

http://www.voicerecognition.com/...um1/HTML/000715.html and

http://www.voicerecognition.com/...um1/HTML/000797.html discuss accuracy of 98% using this software.

Hope this helps.