Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these?

Quote Reply
Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these?
Hi All

I'm looking at Relata and Relatamail for possible CRM systems, and I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions.

http://www.relata.org

Relata seems to be designed for managing customer data for Sales Campaigns, and Relatamail appears to be for newsletters and such.

There are no demos on the site, and the downloads are pretty big...2 MB each.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks. Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these? In reply to
I looked at these when they first combined with ??? lol forgot but it seemed at the time that you need like total access to the server to install these babies. Relata is a pretty big shopping cart system and some hosting sites combine it with cpanel.

I liked what I say but there was just a lot to do ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these? In reply to
I see....root access...lots-o-setup...okay.

Many thanks, QooQ ! Smile Smile

Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these? In reply to
oops, I was thinking of another script.

I went to relata and checked it again. relatamail seems to be like mojomail. Relata ... hmmm ... I'm not really sure what it's supposed to do. Seems like a help desk in general. The install instructions need to be downloaded ... I might missed their location on the site though.

What was the shopping cart package that I was thinking of then???? I really thought it was relata. oh well ...

hmmmm ....

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Relata, Relatamail..open source crm...anybody ever use these? In reply to
I think Relata is more of a sales tool than a helpdesk. At least that's how I read it. It would be neat to have a nice marketing tool like that. I wish their site have a full-scale demo. Frown

Thanks, QooQ Smile

Quote Reply
hmmm ... I wasn't about to go complaining but yeah, that's one thing I thought that was strange. Why not a demo instead of all those pictures. The other thing was that installation instructions on the site are either not there or hidden and the install instructions with the script are pretty slime on explanations ... possibly the installer is more informative.

The idea and script doesn't look bad though. I was pretty intriqued by relata.