Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
PayPal
I am a bit confused about how people can pay at PayPal.

If somebody wants to pay by credit card, do they actually have to register with paypal?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PayPal In reply to
I had to register to pay you. It coasted me about 3$. Then I activated my account so that I would not be charged that amount every time. I guess you can send money or buy things on line with out being a member? I am not 100% sure... They just encourage you by billing a few $ every time if you are not a member. It works fine for things like that, but I do not know about using them for e commerce as your members will have to become paypal members as well... Just an extra thing to ask them to do before they give you money...
Quote Reply
You don't need anb account to pay via PayPal. If you do have one, you can be set up as a 'Verified User', buit otherwise you can just send money via your Credit Card, as long as that Credit card is not registered with an existing account already.

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
When I was looking into it a while ago now and comparing the different services, Paypal didn't have the facility to credit back credit card payments. It seemed to be a one way type of payment system. So in terms of using it for a fully fledged e-commerce site it had some restrictions that didn't make it suitable for what I was doing. Something to be aware of if you're considering your options.

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] PayPal In reply to
Thanks for all the answers. It seems you really have to pay the USD 1.95 fee the first time you pay by credit card.

Are there any good alternatives out there? Does anyone have a different service they can recommend for processing credit card payments?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
ClickBank is quite good, but their rates are even higher ($1 + 7%)....they do offer a validation tool too, for including in your Perl/PHP scripts, like PayPal do. I personally would recommend using PayPal, as they seem to be the best one out there, and the most used...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I went with WorldPay.

http://www.worldpay.com/

r.