Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
PerlDesk
Does anyone know where there is some documentation on this? It looks like a nice script, but there are features I just can't work out how to get going (i.e sending an email to a certain email addy will submit a ticket). If anyone knows how to do this, or knows where some indepth documentation is, then please let me know Smile

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PerlDesk In reply to
Hi Andy

Quote:
i.e sending an email to a certain email addy will submit a ticket

Do you mean where Staff creates a ticket?

If so, this has always been an internal function as far as I know. Staff can create a ticket for an existing user, but not for a non-existant user. At least, that's as far as I got with it.

I hope I have been helpful. Smile

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 6, 2002, 10:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PerlDesk In reply to
No, what I mean is the feature where you send an email, for example, to support@site.com, and then that email is entered as a ticket into the system. Do you understand what I am on about?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You mean the email piping or email slurping stuff, right?

Regarding the email piping, I haven't used that as it requires superuser access to the server. However, some folks came up with some hacks to check your pop account and slurp in the mail that way. In fact, you can also have the script automatically assign those slurped emails directly to the designated departments.

Also, I can't remember whether the hacks are only for earlier editions of PD. They might be. I gotta take a look. I have to run out and get ready for a day-trip tomorrow, but I'll dig around and post the code shortly. Smile

Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PerlDesk In reply to
I have superuser access....so if anyone knows how to do the proper piping method, then I would be most gratfulif you could let onto me how its done Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
perldesk was a bit of problem to set up mail piping. I did it through qmail. You can't use any addy that already exists and what not. I was a bit of a horror to figure everything out. The plesk and wht forums have some threads about this.

Also, perldesk is no longer it seems apparently. From what I'm guessing is that the developer dropped perldesk in favor of a buy-me script called perlbill. No more acccess to forums and what not.

Although, there's a better script on the way .... Laugh ... watch out for it! It will rock!
period

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] PerlDesk In reply to
Yeah....it is a bit of a pain. The support forums etc were the first place I look...but they give a 500 IS Errror Frown

>>>Although, there's a better script on the way .... watch out for it! It will rock! <<<

If you are refering to Pauls script...from what I have seen of it, I would have to agree with you Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
PerlDesk support forums....vamoosed Frown

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 8, 2002, 5:57 AM