Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

PST Back up

Quote Reply
PST Back up
I had to back up my hard drive to an external drive. When reversing the procedure to my c: drive, I found that I can open Outlook but have NO data (calendar, contacts, etc.). Anybody have an idea about what to do or how to do it?
Quote Reply
Re: [bobwoolf] PST Back up In reply to
TOTALLY wrong forum! I've moved it for you (and your other one!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PST Back up In reply to
Thanks for moving it. This is all new to me. Where is it now?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Thanks for moving it. This is all new to me. Where is it now?

Its in Internet Technologies forum, which is where it was mean't to be =) I would offer an answer - but havn't use Outlook at all in about 5 years (I'm a gmail.com person myseklf - so much better, and you can access ANYWHERE in the world Tongue)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thanks for the info. I might look into gmail as some of the family uses that but most of the business contact use Outlook.
Quote Reply
Gmail has a good contact/calendar (basically, eveything you have in Outlook - and more) - and all free Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'll definitely look into it.
Quote Reply
MS Outlook stores the .pst file in C:\Documents and Settings\YourProfile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

It is a hidden directory, so to see it you have to go to My Computer, click on Tools, then Options, and select the tick box where it says, Disply Hidden Files..., once that is completed, you can go to the above directory and copy all the data in that directory and back it up... without doing this, even if you search for *.pst, it won't show up because it's hidden... Unfortunately, if you have restored/overwritten the old drive, you may have lost all your data...
Hope this helps

</not a clue>

Last edited by:

Dinky: May 16, 2008, 6:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] PST Back up In reply to
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'm afraid it is history!!!