Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Outlook 2002 Filters...

Quote Reply
Outlook 2002 Filters...
I've just got into the habit of setting up 'rules' for certain spamming users, who do more than one spam email a week. The problem I am now having, is that Outlook no longer seems to be accepting new rules. Does anyone know if there is a limit for them? If there is...that sucks Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Outlook 2002 Filters... In reply to
How many rules do you have? Are you blocking email addresses with message rules or with the block sender function?

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Outlook 2002 Filters... In reply to
18 rules Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Rebooting my PC seems to have stopped it limiting me. Now I can add as many as I want. Weird Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'd be very surprised if the limit was 18. I don't see any reason why it would be.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Outlook 2002 Filters... In reply to
It was really weird. It just stopped me pressing 'next' when I tried creating the 19th rule. As I said though, it seems to be working ok now Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I had the same problem a few times - seems to be a bug - you don't need to reboot - just restart Outlook :-)

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
I've had some odd problems with Outlook 2002 rules as well.

I'm looking forward to Office 11 (or whatever it will be branded). Looks like MS is taking the right steps as far as email goes.

Some screen shots and discussion here if you're interested: http://www.winsupersite.com/...s/office11_beta1.asp

Release looks to be mid-2003, or however that really translates in MS release time.

---

Yeah yeah, I know somebody will post about OpenOffice. That's great, I'm happy for you. My clients use MS Office, and thus so do I.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Outlook 2002 Filters... In reply to
Office XP on the Mac is absolutely georgous and a hundred times better than any current offering on the PC. Entourage (the Mac version of Outlook) is fantastic!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Outlook 2002 Filters... In reply to
Interesting... blocking HTML content by default .. hmmm.. not good news in my line of business

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com