Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Netscape 7
I'm really impressed with Netscape7, it displays web pages almost identically to IE6 now.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Netscape 7 In reply to
<!--begin total dummie question-->

Can you have several installations of Netscape?

What I mean is that I currently use 4.7 to test my pages, and I would like to keep it.

If I can have both 4.7 and 7.0 installed (like in separate directories), then I would love to try the new Netscape.

<!--end dummie...hopefully...-->

Many thanks Smile

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Oct 22, 2002, 5:13 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Netscape 7 In reply to
Yeah that's what I have...4.7 and 7...as long as you download the seperate installers you can use two different copies.
Quote Reply
Super !

Thanks kindly Cool

Quote Reply
I wouldn't use NS7. AFAIK, there is no advantage to using the NS7 release over Mozilla. It uses an older source base than the current mozilla, has AOL branding added all over it, includes more bload (Like AIM), and has things like pop-up add suprssion removed (can be added back in via editing config files, but it's not an option like it is in mozilla)

Is there an advantage to using the NS7 release over Mozilla that I don't know about?

--mark
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Netscape 7 In reply to
I got 4.75, 6.0, 6.2 and I will probably get 7 (when I can be arsed to download it...lol)...

Netscape is definatly catching up....but there are still a few options that I prefer in IE 5.5.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] Netscape 7 In reply to
I haven't used mozilla for ages. I always thought mozilla was behind netscape in terms of CSS support.

Maybe I'm totally wrong.
Quote Reply
I'm using mozilla 1.1 right now and have basically gave up on IE execpt for when I view vB fourms that support inline images. Mozilla will offer a link while IE does the image direct. Speed is almost the same for me too. So tabs wins the argument for me.

I did NS7 but like Mark said, NS is behind and is bloated.

I wish that M$ would release IE 6 for OSX though. I've been pretty happy with M$ support on IE in general though.... it's the tabs the tabs the tabs Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Yep, you're wrong. Mozilla uses the latest engine while Netscape uses a more stable and older version. Now a very good browser is Mozilla light otherwise known as Phoenix.

I don't see myself browsing without tabbed windows ever again. IE 7 might have support for tabbed browsing, it is rumoured.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Oct 22, 2002, 9:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Netscape 7 In reply to
Chimera does tabbed browsing and I have yet to ever get a popup. NS7 is coming along, but I agree its bloated.

IE on mac is okish, but I agree, it would be better if they brought out 6.

I like the borderless, clean look of chimera, I hate having all that crap around my windows (side bar, side tab, loads of button icons etc).

Just browse :)

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Netscape 7 In reply to
Mozilla is pretty interesting. I'm using the latest beta...1.2b Smile