Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Limit MySQL processes runtime?

Quote Reply
Limit MySQL processes runtime?
I'm sure this must be possible...but I'm not sure how. What would I need to do to limit each mySQL process to say 2 mins? At the moment something on my server is not closing them...so they are staying open for literally days, before I re-start MySQL and get rid them all Frown

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Limit MySQL processes runtime? In reply to
>>
At the moment something on my server is not closing them
<<

Yeah your scripts probably ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Limit MySQL processes runtime? In reply to
Nope..not them. I added print's after each of them, to check if there were more openings than closing..but there is not. I think it may be AdCycle Frown

Anyway..thats not the point. I still need to make MySQL connections time out after 2 mins :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Anyone got an intelligent answer to my question? Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
What do you mean by limiting the "process"...do you mean the database handle or the script process or the mysql process?
Quote Reply
Well, on Tier1Host.nets servers, they have a 'timeout' limit on mySQL processes. I want to be able to limit this to say 60-120 seconds.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hmm but dumps of decent size databases may take longer than that so it would just keep chopping it.

Use "mysqladmin variables" to see a list of the variables that you can set and the values actually being used by the running server.
Quote Reply
>>>Use "mysqladmin variables" to see a list of the variables that you can set and the values actually being used by the running server. <<<

I'm not sure what you mean. Would I type: 'mysqladm in variables' at shell, or are you refering to a program that does it? Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Anyone?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply

shell> mysqladmin variables.

wait_timeout.

You'll probably find oodles of info at mysql.com or on google if you search for it.

Thats more to do with mysql connections rather than processes so it depends what you want.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 27, 2002, 11:48 AM