Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Is it browser issue

Quote Reply
Is it browser issue
The text updated on a page is visible immediately. However, if the image is updated, the old image keeps on showing though the image is not on server. MSIE is it so stone aged?

BG needs a wake up call perhaps....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Is it browser issue In reply to
I find you sometimes have to delete the files in your C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files folder.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Is it browser issue In reply to
Its to do with caching. Images will be loaded from cache if they've been viewed before. If they are the same size the browser doesn't know it's changed which is why you see your old avatar on the forum even after you've updated it, until you do a refresh.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Is it browser issue In reply to
Hi Andy And Paul,

I have deleted all temporary files and all cookies and everything which could cause all this. Ctrl+F5, refresh and everything still gets back the old image files....

Once in a while Bill Gates Pops Up Asking Do U want to restart your browser and send this error to Microsoft.....If you pres Yes then the beautiful GUI (only thing Microsoft is good at) starts and then all browsers close.

Despite this I still see this old image (Which actually never exists anymore). Feel like attending refresher course on Windows.

Any other clues?

Anup