Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

HTML content dissapearing?

Quote Reply
HTML content dissapearing?
Hi guys. Not very often I post questions... but here goes :p

Ok, I have a submission form, which has a "Preview! function on it. Now, clicking this "Preview" function work ok, until you click "Back" to get to the form again (and make any changes).

Is there something I can add to my HTML (a meta tag?) to stop it refreshing the pages content when you click back?

The other problem... is, how on earth do you set a default value for a "file" input field? I am passing in c:/foo/image.gif, but simply putting value="foo" doesn't seem to work Frown

TIA for any advice. Google seems pretty fruitless with my searches today :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] HTML content dissapearing? In reply to
One page that you have forms it's a good idea NOT to use the following tags:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="cache-control" CONTENT = "no-cache">

If you are not caching the pages they should still contain the form information if you use the back button.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] HTML content dissapearing? In reply to
Thanks for that. I've already tried removing all the extra tags, but it still doesn't work :(

Code:
<html>

<head>
<title><%site_title%>: Add a Link</title>
<%css%>
</head>

<%body_tag%>

TIA for any help you can offer.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] HTML content dissapearing? In reply to
Andy,
Do you have an example of what you are trying to do.
Try opening your preview in a new window. Your form should still be intact if you close that window.

Bob
http://totallyfreeads.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: [lanerj] HTML content dissapearing? In reply to
>>>Do you have an example of what you are trying to do. <<<

Its literally just the "add" form for LinksSQL. I'm adding in a "preview" function, so people can see their link, before submitting it.

>>>Try opening your preview in a new window. Your form should still be intact if you close that window.
<<<

Yeah, I've tried this already. If you go forward, and then click back, it looses the file (i.e like it does when you enter a password, and then click back). If I could open it in a new window, that would be great... but looking back on a thread Ivan (yogi) posted a little while back, I can't seem to get it to open in a new window (only if previewing), as it makes the whole "form" open in a new window (i.e the submit button too, which I don't want to happen).

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk