Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Grab the error?

Quote Reply
Grab the error?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show the reported error from a 500 Internal Server Error. On my new server, I can configue how the internal_server_error.htm file looks...but I want to know if I can actually display the error reported.

Maybe something like $! ???

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Grab the error? In reply to
Huh?

With Perl you would use FatalstoBrowser or whatever the module name is called.

If you want to tail the error_log and throw it out as your 500 page, then write a script that will tail your error_log and refer to that script when your server throws up a 500 error.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Grab the error? In reply to
Mmm..what I want to do is show the current cause for the 500 IS Error. I know I could use FatalsToBrowser, but that would need to be in each script. The thing I want to do is customize the actual 500 IS Error page. I have the page in front of me now...I just need to know how I could show the error reported on it :-/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Grab the error? In reply to
Well... Don't make it into a static page -- make it into a page that tails the last x amount of errors from your error_log. Use something like PHP, Perl, Python -- whatever your happy with.

- wil