Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Good adult payment processors?

Quote Reply
Good adult payment processors?
Just wondering. Does anyone know of a good Adult payment processor? PayPal obviously don't accept PayPal :(

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Good adult payment processors? In reply to
Payment processors that accept adult sites have either been going out business or no longer accepting credit card payments (e.g., proBilling and GloBill), or dropping adult sites (e.g., PayPal). Unfortunately I used GloBill and proBilling, and had to find a new payment processor. Finally got onboard with 2checkout.com - they do not accept adult sites, so less likely to fold (and only charge 5% processing charge compared to 15-20% by others). Two payment processors that most of my adult site clients use are: (1) ccBill (ccbill.com) and (2) Verotel (verotel.com). A good place to check for others is the gofuckyourself.com board for adult webmasters. Avoid iBill (ibill.com) - I used them once. iBill has been screwy since bought out by Intercept company over a year ago - and now on the selling block as it brought their share values way down (just after VISA and MasterCard introduced their new regulations).

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Good adult payment processors? In reply to
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking around this afternoon. and the best one I think I have found is CCBill. I found their link on ynotmasters.com ... pretty cool site :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Good adult payment processors? In reply to
Ynot is another good resource site too! A good choice, ccBill should be okay. If you use them, note that they have the option for webmasters (via their webmaster admin interface) to allow special characters in ccBill randomly generated usernames. They allow all characters including things like $ and /. Can cause problems (as I discovered) with some scripts. You may want to advise those you refer to ccBill to keep this in mind if ccBill password control is used.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Good adult payment processors? In reply to
Thanks for the tip. I think we are only using one-off purchases anyway, and its not membership related (for PPC payments).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk