Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Dynamic PHP page does not refresh

Quote Reply
Dynamic PHP page does not refresh
ive got a sit where stuff on pages change when you update it from another page on the site.
On my computer if i change the page from the admin panel and go back to the other page and hit refresh it will reflect the changes that i made form the admin page.
But on a mates computer if i do the same thing, he does not see the changes i made on the admin page, the old data is still displayed no matter how many times he presses refresh, i even checked in the database and the data has changed, ive closed browser and reopened and still the old data remains. I have the meta tag of no-cache in the head of the php script and if you view the html of the page it is still there saying do not cache this page.
WTF is going on here?? why doesnt the data change on his computer but does on mine?

Last edited by:

Wil: Feb 1, 2003, 5:20 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [WoSkI] Dynamic PHP page does not refresh In reply to
You tried adding a no-cache meta-tag into your HTML headers? That was how I fixed a similar problem in one of my PHP scripts once...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Dynamic PHP page does not refresh In reply to
In Reply To:
You tried adding a no-cache meta-tag into your HTML headers? That was how I fixed a similar problem in one of my PHP scripts once...

Cheers

stated in my post above.

Quote:

I have the meta tag of no-cache in the head of the php script and if you view the html of the page it is still there saying do not cache this page.