Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Decent WYSIWYG editor for Firefox/IE etc?

Quote Reply
Decent WYSIWYG editor for Firefox/IE etc?
Hi,

I am absolutely amazed I'm having so much trouble finding a simple WYSIWYG editor (like in GForum). All the one's I have tried, either require NT (as they compile DLL's), or need a PHP interface - i.e you *have* to use PHP to get the bloomin thing to work)

Is there simply no such thing as a nice simple WYSIWYG editor (things like bold, italic, center/left/right, etc) - its driving me nuts Frown

TIA to anyone who's got any info.

BTW - I tried HTMLArea, but it seems they've stopped now? (its just a directory now)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Decent WYSIWYG editor for Firefox/IE etc? In reply to
Andy,

Try this one: FCK Editor from http://www.fckeditor.net
I'm using on our glinks installation as CMS editor/composer

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Decent WYSIWYG editor for Firefox/IE etc? In reply to
Hi,

Thanks - I'll give that a go :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm trying to view the HTML samples in fckeditor/_samples/html locally, - but all the images come up dead (the rest of it seems fine). Is there a config file somewhere I'm missing, i.e the path to the images?

TIA!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Decent WYSIWYG editor for Firefox/IE etc? In reply to
The config file is fckconfig.js but as far as I remember it is not related to image path :(

Strange, works for me, just downloaded the latest beta.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks you, thank you, thank you! Works a charm :)

For anyone interested, it only didn't work on my local PC. As soon as I uploaded it, and run from the server - it was fine (something to do with the basePath being worked out in realtime - and it didn't like file:// formats =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk