Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Anything to worry about?

Quote Reply
Anything to worry about?
Just got this email through;

Network Associates WebShield SMTP V4.5 MR1a on Entric Group B.V. Mailgateway detected virus W32/Netsky.p@MM in attachment message.scr from <webmaster@linkssql.net> and it was Cleaned and Quarantined.

Is this anything to worry about, or is someone just using my email address to send viruses, so the bounced emails come to me? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Anything to worry about? In reply to
Infected computer out there that somewhere on was your email address - in their email client software address book or cached webpage, for example. And the worm found your email address to use (probably using its own SMTP engine) to propagate. Not much you can do, but no worries on your end - except when the same email is sent to other email boxes, and they assume you either deliberately sent the email or your computer was infected. I usually ignore, and assume that the email originated from a third party computer. What can you do anyways. Oh joy, the fun of the Internet =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Anything to worry about? In reply to
Yah, thats that I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Anything to worry about? In reply to
There are many similar worms , which look out for email addresses ion your machine and send emails with different permutaions- Updating your AntiVirus program the first thing in the morning should be made a habit .
Rahul Jain