Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

10,000 orders per day - best way to manage data?

Quote Reply
10,000 orders per day - best way to manage data?
Hi All

If you were 10,000 orders per day, what would be the best way to manage the data?

You would need at least the following output:

1. Supplier reports
2. Customer reports
3. Financial reports
4. Inventory reports
5. eNewsletters - both for suppliers and customers
6. ...maybe even Franchise management

Many thanks for any thoughts. Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] 10,000 orders per day - best way to manage data? In reply to
Sage.

- wil
Quote Reply
I guess you could go one of four ways depending on your requirements. The two types of choices would be a windows based application or a web based application, and then the other two methods totalling the four choices would be custom made or pre-made.

Which out of those four would you be looking for?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] 10,000 orders per day - best way to manage data? In reply to
Wil - thanks for the Sage suggestion. We're going to look into it. Is it expensive? Have you had much experience with it? Is it so expensive that it makes sales of small items pretty unattractive?

Thanks Smile

Paul - we would be looking for primarily web-based systems because the admins will be all over the place. All reports and such would have to be generated in SSL, and it will have to feed out csv files for just about everything. We also would want to generate reports through the web-based application for the same reason mentioned above. The csv output would be for local admin use. We have been looking at Interchange. Any thoughts?

Thanks Smile

Quote Reply
Is it expensive? Maybe. It's all relative. I think the software packages are a few hundred pounds each, but we (and probably most SMEs) use them or similar packages as they are so powerful and decreases management time (man hours) so you see the payoff later after the initial investment in the software.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] 10,000 orders per day - best way to manage data? In reply to
Thanks, Wil Smile

Say, I've been buzzing around the Sage site, and I have to admit that I'm confused.

http://www.sage.com

Do you remember the actual name of the application(s) that you think would be helpful to us, especially the web apps?

I tried to contact Sage directly, but all that their contact page did was point us to places like PeachTree.

Thanks, again.

Last edited by:

DogTags: Apr 18, 2003, 8:59 AM
Quote Reply
Here's an issue:

How could we print out like 10,000 shipping labels, 10,000 sales receipts, and 10,000 packing slips per day?

Can Sage somehow do this?

What kind of hardware should we plan to get?

Many thanks Smile