Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Weird '28' errors...

Quote Reply
Weird '28' errors...
Hi. I'm running LinksSQL, and trying to do a build all via SSH. However, when it gets to 'Building Categories', it dies with;

Quote:
GT::SQL::Table (10062): Failed to execute query: 'SELECT ID,Full_Name FROM lsql_Category
ORDER BY Full_Name ASC' Reason: Error writing file '/tmp/MYrWrJ8i' (Errcode: 28) at /homepages/25/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 117.

A df -H gives;

Quote:
u35559069:~/nohasslesearch/cgi-bin/admin > df -H
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda7 2.1G 887M 1.0G 46% /
/dev/hda9 111G 4.2G 101G 4% /homepages
/dev/null 255M 17M 224M 7% /tmp

... and as you can see, the data is trying to be written to /tmp, which only have 7% used.

Error 28 aparantly refers to the devicd being out of space.. but how can this be if only 7% is being used?

The weirder thing yet, is that page.cgi works *fine* ... no errors have been popping out of it at all ... its just the build process Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Weird '28' errors... In reply to
Have you seen the documents at mysql.com relating to this issue?

http://www.mysql.com/...-10/a0000000249.html

Last edited by:

Coombes: Dec 6, 2003, 7:27 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Weird '28' errors... In reply to
a shot in the dark..

I tried out myslqman a while ago on a MS 2000 advanced server system and got an error similar to that when trying to import from a deliminated file. Turns out the path to the temp dircetory for WINNT was not entered into the mysqlman code by default, most others were.

I cant remember the precise error but you might like to check any paths to temp directory in linkssql, unfortunately never had experience with linkssql, but might be worth a go.

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Weird '28' errors... In reply to
I think it was something to do with a limit on the size of the database. It was 4.2 million links in size, so over 1.2Gb. I tried it with only 1million links, and that seems to have worked fine :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!