Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

MySQL with InnoDB

Quote Reply
MySQL with InnoDB
Did you hear about MySQL-3.23.4x with InnoDB?
What are opinions about it?
Will Gossamer products able to cooperate with InnoDB (transactions, foreign keys, etc...)?

http://www.innodb.com/
http://www.innodb.com/howtouse.html
http://www.innodb.com/features.html

Waiting opinions, especially from GT developers.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] MySQL with InnoDB In reply to
Alex, Staff: will GT products support MySQL with InnoDB database?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] MySQL with InnoDB In reply to
Hi,

GT will run on InnoDB databases in much the same was as it will run on MS SQL and Postgres databases. It does not use the built in foreign keys or transactions, but will work just fine.

We are currently looking at making the GT::SQL foreign key support use the database if it is supported, otherwise fall back to the perl method.

However, you still get a lot of the benefits of innodb (superior locking, easier large table support, better backup/restore, etc) without any changes to our products.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] MySQL with InnoDB In reply to
Great! Thanks Alex!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
We are currently looking at making the GT::SQL foreign key support use the database if it is supported, otherwise fall back to the perl method.
Any news, about InnoDB foreign key support in GT::SQL?
Not the most important feature we would need, but would be fine to hear about plans in that subject.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Using Links SQL, can I just run:

ALTER TABLE yourtablename TYPE=INNODB;

on each of my tables to convert them to InnoDB? Will Links SQL still function properly?

Sean
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
My database design uses innodb (built in foreign keys and transactions) but it doesn't seem to be available in DBManSQL. Are you still going to impliment full innodb support or has it been shelved? Thanks Simon.