Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

MS Access form problem with Mysql backend.

Quote Reply
MS Access form problem with Mysql backend.
I am testing out a Access front end and Mysql backend setup.Exported all tables fine.

I am working on a basic form, it contains a Form that is linked to table "tbl_Employee" and the subform is linked to table "tbl_Supply" with the feild "EmployeeID" linking the two tables. anyway that works fine. the problem is when I enter data into the subform and go to the next record the previous record(the subform view is set to "Continuous Forms") will show "deleted" in the form. I know this isn't true because I can shut down the form and open it back up and the record will be there. I have tried to Repaint the form, refresh the form, but nothing works.

The command for event AfterUpdate .....

Docmd.Repaint acForm, "frm_EmployeeSupply"

will not work. it keeps telling me the form is not open.. I have named it correctly in code.

Is there a simpler way to refresh the data, so the end user doesn't freak out every time they see "deleted" in the record just entered?

any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [RINGKONG] MS Access form problem with Mysql backend. In reply to
Never mind... I just figured it out.

I used event AfterInsert and the code:

DoCmd.Requery

So simple...

if there is a better way let me know. I think this may slow the form down when it gets lots of data in the Supply table.....