Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

what's these languages used for?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [theguy] what's these languages used for? In reply to
Visual Basic is also used in Active Server Pages (ASP) programming. If you're interested in becoming an ASP developer or .NET developer, which are really "hot" these days. learning VB would be beneficial.

Personally, I think that the more languages you learn, the more marketable you'll be. A friend of mine knows a co-worker who is fluent in about 20 different programming languages, like Phython, C++, Java, Perl, etc. He is highly marketable and gets paid well for his skills.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Aug 29, 2002, 9:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [kode] what's these languages used for? In reply to
>>
Dear Paul, I apologise for using the perl language or the Perl compiler in any

attempt of humor.

I will not do so again.

But also don't expect me to think and have fun for all.
<<

I have no idea what you are talking about, you lost me way back with all this talk of flying to mars Wink .....I don't have any personal problem if you don't like perl, all I was asking for was an explanation of what you meant Sly
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] what's these languages used for? In reply to
>>>If I preferred php to perl I wouldn't be hanging around at GT but it is still a valid option depending on what theguy's intentions are and it _is_ a programming language (unfortunately). I'd call it a bad clone of perl rather than an extension of html <<<

Erm, I prefer PHP, but I still hang around here Wink What about LSQl's new PHP frontend? Thats PHP...so its not much good if one a handful of GT staff know how to modify and write extras for this is it ;) Just my opinion :P

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] what's these languages used for? In reply to
>>
What about LSQl's new PHP frontend? Thats PHP...so its not much good if one a handful of GT staff know how to modify and write extras for this is it ;)
<<

What does that have to do with the price of fish?
Quote Reply
You were saying that is people prefered PHP to Perl, then they wouldn't be here! Well, I prefer PHP, and I'm still here! What I was trying to say is that it needs PHP developers, as well as Perl ones around GT, as we have PHP and Perl questions! Now we have the PHP frontend of LSQL, PHP is needed in this area too! So really, you saying that people who prefer PHP wouldn't be here, was unfounded!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] what's these languages used for? In reply to
Nice analysis but I did infact say:

If I preferred php over perl I wouldn't be here
Quote Reply
Fair enough Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >