Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

stay off the roads!!!

Quote Reply
stay off the roads!!!
The roads suck in southwest Virginia.

Had nearly a quarter inch of ice covering my car when I got off work, and roads were just as bad because they hadn't been salted yet. I managed to get all the way to the parking lot at my apartment complex without any trouble. Then I slid about 50 feet left and right nearly hitting a car pulling out (thank God he pulled back in) before managing to stop fully. Next problem: car parked partially into the turn where I need to go. Spent about 5 minutes ever-so-lightly taking my foot off the break and turning the steering wheel back and forth skillfully enough to finally make it around the obstacle. The next strecth of parking lot slopes to the left so it was a lot of fun creeping slowly down and around the next turn into the rarely used visitor lot behind my apartment. Didn't even attempt to park strait, taking about about 3 spaces like everybody else that thought of using the visitor lot.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] stay off the roads!!! In reply to
Yeah, I managed to damanage my body kit bumper on my Nova :( I went to overtake someone (who was on my side of the road), at the end of my road, and I hit some ice, and couldn't stop :( I ended up with the kerb pretty much shreding my bumper up :(

The weather seems to be getting worse too. We had quite a lot of snow last week (not normal, even for this time of year)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!