Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

register.com class action

Quote Reply
register.com class action
Just got an email that I thought was spam, but turns out may not be. Anyone else get anything from register.com about this:

http://www.register.com/zurakov/notice.html

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] register.com class action In reply to
Turns out the result of this class action suit is a $5 off coupon for everyone affected (off a $35 domain). Unsure

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thats big companies for you Frown
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] register.com class action In reply to
Heh gotta love it :)

within the last year i've moved all my domains over to GoDaddy.com. Can't beat their price or service ($9 for a domain, and you keep the rights to it still)
Quote Reply
Don't spend it all in one place. Oh wait, you have to =) Well, don't let it go to your head - after all I got a $5 coupon for an oil change in the mail ;)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] register.com class action In reply to
In Reply To:
Heh gotta love it :)

within the last year i've moved all my domains over to GoDaddy.com. Can't beat their price or service ($9 for a domain, and you keep the rights to it still)

I have found 1coms.com pretty good. Got about 10 domains with them.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Looks like you won! Cash in your copouns, roll up, roll up ...

http://slashdot.org/...sid=03/09/10/0142259

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] register.com class action In reply to
Nameit.net (AIT Domains) just lowered their pricing to $7.99.

I have had about 3000 domains with them for several years. Their software was just upgraded as well -- sort of. They went to a java system, which is buggy, but adds more features than they had before.

ItsYourdomain.com is also a good choice in the $10 or less range.

Honestly, though, you can't beat enom.com 's features for the $8.95 registration, but it's a pay-in-advance system. Check them out.

I've been leary of the other registration companies, over the years, but my needs are different than most. I needed volume pricing, and bare-bones features (I run my own dns, email, sites, etc). I've had names with others, but ended up moving them to one of the two services above. I use enom.com for a subset of domains, and as a back up registrar if the others are having problems.

For hosting though GT Hosting has been the most stable/reliable I've had over the past 10+ years.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.