Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

price for old pc

Quote Reply
price for old pc
I decided to sell my old pc to clear desk space and fill my checking account up again. I was wondering what a fair price would be on this:
900MHz AMD Duron, 1GB PC133 RAM, 20GB HD, 32MB ATI Radeon SDR, 15" NEC monitor, CD and CDRW drives. It's a custom pc I put together just over a year ago and I was hoping $500 to $600 was reasonable.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] price for old pc In reply to
ebay has the following for about $500

Intel Pentium III 700MHz Machine
80 Gig Hard drive (Maxtor)

Intel Pentium III 700MHz CPU

Pioneer DVD Drive 16xdvd 40xcdrom

256 SDRAM Memory

Intel Motherboard (Intel(R) SE440BX-2)

Floppy Drive

Midi Case

Atx Power supply 300w

2 usb ports

Promise ide controller card ( 4 ide ports 100mps)

Elsa usb modem 56k(External)

network card pci 100mps

ati graphics card

17" Moniter Extra £70

40 Speed Writer Extra £45
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] price for old pc In reply to
in a rough compaison I think I've got a better deal then. Sure I'm not offering an 80GB hard drive, but I am offering 1 gig of ram and the monitor at no extra cost. 4 USB ports, NIC, hub. optical mouse, keyboard, 4 channel surround speakers, no but no OS (except any of a dozen Linux flavors if desired) do to license restrictions. No modem... not a big deal here on campus. Most all the dorms and apartments have ethernet networks and everyone else is on Adelphia PowerLink or Charter Pipeline. Wink

I just got a call from the newspaper. It'll cost me $25.36 to run the ad for a week.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Hmmm... I'd be tempted to ask perhaps $600 or even $650 for it. It's not too shabby a computer, especially including everything it has.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
We have a paper in the UK called "Loot" where people wanting to sell stuff can advertise for free.

I was tempted to say use EBay but after reading the article Alex linked to, you may want to skip that :)
Quote Reply
I don't intend to ever sell anything online. I've never felt comfortable with the idea. Plus I'd have to learn how to pack a computer and spend lots of $$$ on shipping and insurance.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
I'd say $350, but if you can get $500 or more for it - make that sale! And if you are unable to sell it, you might check local charities to donate to.

Several of my old computers have gone to better homes through charities during the Christmas holiday. A computer can make a great gift for a struggling family that has school aged children.

-Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] price for old pc In reply to
Quote:
A computer can make a great gift for a struggling family that has school aged children.

In an ideal world, but students tend to have large debts that need paying of, as unfortunately I know too well Pirate
Quote Reply
..and as I recall all to well. I can sympathize.

Didn't realize Fuzzy was a student.