Home : General : Chit Chat :

Whats worse than a spammer?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
The belly of the Beast:

THE CLICKBANK MARKETPLACE

WOW!! Millions of Customers!! This is AWESOME!!! etc...

I wonder how many of us are on those lists. Unsure

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
hmmm, I think Brian has the best approach for some of the freaks.

hmmm, clog my mai/ISP account. Possibly, but I was joking about using my notebook, cruise town for an open wireless netword. And fire em off. Of course, need to make sure that my email is no where in any of the information that I send out.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
The only way to get em back is to start up your own ISP and spam the bastards, then you don't have to worry about your ISP closing your account :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
But you would have to worry about your pipe being shut down.

They are worse on ISPs than ISPs are on users!Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
So build your own Wink
Quote Reply
that's why I mentioned wireless Wink
I'm going to get a airmac card ... then I'm planning to drive around and find some open network.

You never know when such locations can be useful Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
There will always be an upstream provider who has the authority to shut you down. Until you become the "god" provider, creating your "own" won't be an adequate solution.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
I was being sarcastic...I'm to poor to make my own anyway Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
Whenever you have to give out your email address to places that could possible put you on a "list" (web forms and such), try using a disposable email address from:

http://www.spamgourmet.com

BTW: The code is free for download, and it's in your favorite language... Perl! Cool

Sean

Last edited by:

SeanP: Sep 1, 2002, 3:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Whats worse than a spammer? In reply to
Heh heh, here's another classic;

Quote:
ATTN;
PLS REPLY TO MY PRAVATE BOX maryamxx@mailsurf.com
I am Hajia Maryam Abacha, widow of the Late Gen. Sani Abacha former Nigerian Military Head of State who died as a result of cardiac arrest.

The name of you company appeared in one of our directories as one of the companies my late husband wanted to do businesswith before he died. I therefore decided to contact you in confidence so that I can be able to move out the sum of US$35,760,000.00 ( Thirty Five Million Seven hundred and Sixty Thousand U. S. Dollars ) which was secretly defaced and seal in big metal box for security reasons in your account.

I personally therefore appeal to you for your urgent assistance to move this money into your country where I believe it will be safe since I cannot leave the country due to the restriction of movement imposed on me and members of my family by the Nigerian government.

You can contact me through, or my family lawyer . Upon the receipt of your acceptance to assist me, my lawyer shall arrange with you for a face to face meeting outside Nigeria in order to liaise with him towards the effective completion of this transaction.

However, arrangement has been put in place to move this money out of the country in batches in a secret vault through a diplomatic security company to any of the European country as soon as you indicate your interest. I also want you to be assured that all necessary arrangement for the hitch-free of thistransaction has been concluded.

Conclusively, I have decided to offer you 25% of the total sum 5% will be for whatever expenses that will be incurred, while 70% is to be used in buying share in your company subsequent to our free movement by the Nigerian government.

Please reply urgently and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity.

PLS REPLY TO MY PRAVATE BOX maryamxx@mailsurf.com
Best regards,

HAJIA M.

Laugh

Oh, and this was sent 3 times, to each of my email addresses....what was that part;

>>>The name of you company appeared in one of our directories as one of the companies my late husband wanted to do businesswith before he died. <<<

LMAO!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
> >