Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

What the heck is up with my broadband?

Quote Reply
What the heck is up with my broadband?
I check my speeds at dslreports.com all the time for kicks. click here for my results. Then this time, my speeds seemed a bit out of hack.... Attached is a screen shot. For some reason dslreports hasn't been recording my recent tests.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
Next time you talk about your speed...I am gonna slap the shit out of you. I am stuck with 56k because apparently my dad is a dinosaur and yet he has every audio and visual tech candy known to mankind, LG LCD Flattron with a kick ass sound system and the old JBL speakers with paper for better sound becaus that poly...whatever sux ass...

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate

Last edited by:

Crapshoot70: Jun 11, 2002, 8:59 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
Hey Mark

Tone down on the language, yeah? I know this is a 'Chit Chat' forum, but it still a forum within a very professional community, so please bear this mind when posting.

I know you have expressed before that you 'speak your mind', but there is a way to do this tactufully, and I personally find your messages to be rather crude and your tone to be out of sync with others and uncalled for in some threads.

Please bear this in mind when posting to this forum.

Rgds

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
hmm...Got a little carried away there eh?
Yeh alright...

Quote:
I personally find your messages to be rather crude and your tone to be out of sync with the others and uncalled for in some threads

...would you have it any other wayLaugh?

Hehe...don't worry I will tone it down...make some of my stuff more subtle...

I was just jokin around Sponge...no hard feelingsUnsure

--
--

Last edited by:

Crapshoot70: Jun 11, 2002, 10:53 AM
Quote Reply
Are you going for the record number of replies or what :)

The top 15 threads are all showing you as the last poster Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
ohhh I thought it was some sort of uncounsious race between Mark and I here in the chit chat.

Yeah, my dad has a similar setup with audio. At least he was smart enough to pull in cable for my step-brotheres and half-brother. He also laned the house so the family could play games from their own rooms. He got sick and tired of the kids peeking at his screen while playing games Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Quote:
The top 15 threads are all showing you as the last poster
And always in Chit Chat, not a code areaTongue

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
I will channel your dad for a moment, "...when you pay the bills, you can complain about the net connection...". Tongue
Quote Reply
dude I wasn't complaining. I just felt it was kind of odd to have a 120 down, 42000 up connection :-) I suffered with dialup for 8 years, with the first 3 on AOL (eek!).

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
Hehe, yes you are right...but I we live in a pretty wealthy neighbourhood and instead of getting a summer job I do summer school and the only reason I have access to a computer right now is because I am at my coop placement which does webpages, I learn things like CGI, JSP, how to use Databases it has been a very good experience...and they have cable, so I can reply to alot of posts in the chit chat forum. I am not a heavy programmer so there is the answer to your question there...

Paul, I don't know why...If I knew how to use perl as well as you guys do...then I would probably post the same amount in the Perl forum...and I dunno about you but i haven't see a post in the "Internet technologies" forum for a long time...acutally I think that the number of posts is decreasingUnsure.

I guess you just find a board that you like and stick with it...also I wanna learn how to program perl as well as I do with Java, so hopefully I can get some tips if I need em. I don't have much time for perl now I will have to work on that in the summer, I am nearing the completion of reading the book "Programming Perl" by O'reilly and associates and I will begin "Advance Perl Programming" by O'reilly and associates as soon as I am done...I love the O'reilly books they are great!!!

--
--
Quote Reply
hehe I just finished "llama" the other day. I skipped most of the exercises because I don't have much time to fiddle with what I want right now. I'm re-reading an "ok" learn CGI programming book in a week to figure out how to get a perl program and html interconnected.

After that will be either Advanced Perl Programming or the one that helps with SQL databases. Lol ... the cookbook is really temping though too. hmmm any suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
In this day-and-age, I'd go for 'Programming the Perl DBI' or 'MySQL and Perl for the Web'.

The cookbook is not the best source of reference out there, in my opinion.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] What the heck is up with my broadband? In reply to
Thanks!

I'll look into them!

Laugh

Quote Reply
Just pay me $50/hr and I'll teach you Laugh
Quote Reply
Crazy

get back to work Laugh

Quote Reply
Just been playing golf...I had a 76 with a treble bogey...ugh

US Open starts in an hour...yippee.....
Quote Reply
I like the O'reilly books the best...they are really good in my opinion...just well structured from beginning to end...download the 47 O'reilly books package its like 100 megs or something...some really useful crap in them, the perl bookshelf, perl 2 bookshelf, java, java enterprise bookshelves, and the web development bookshelf, then u got unix bookshelf and finally networking with DNS and BIND, TCP/IP, and my favorite SENDMAIL!!! WOOHOO

--
--