Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Web Hosting and Interchange

Quote Reply
Web Hosting and Interchange
Frown I am having extreme problems with uptime with my current web hosting service.

Any reccomendations for a reliable afforable web hosting service that has Interchange Shopping Cart available? We have a small online business.

Thanks and regards,

Darrell
Peace and blessings to you!
Quote Reply
Re: [darrellh50] Web Hosting and Interchange In reply to
VenturesOnline.com

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Web Hosting and Interchange In reply to
Not what I heard at WHT Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Web Hosting and Interchange In reply to
Hi RedRum

What have you heard that is negative? I have been hunting all around over at WHT, but I can't find the stuff that you might be referring to.

Thanks very much.

Quote Reply
Have to agree with Dogtags. VO remains unchallenged.
Quote Reply
Yeah there are a lot of positive posts but I have seen a few bad ones eg...

>>
I had a server with them for almost a year - actually - just after eva2000 got one

Started costing a lot because of bandwidth prices, so this month we moved to another host
<<

Guess you just have to weight them up.
Quote Reply
I was addressing the issue of Interchange being offered by a host. I know that VO offers it through CPanel (which is now version 4). I believe that they offer Interchange 4.6 last I checked. The biggest issue with Interchange is support. It is a very complicated program (at least compared to all the other stuff I've worked with). The Foundation demo that is provided does not fully work, and it has yet to be fixed. Plus, the learning curve is pretty much straight up for quite a while before things start to come into focus. I'm now pretty comfortable with the page-creation process, but I still have to figure out deeper categorization than the demo provides, and I might have to figure out a custom payment module for my merchant account. There is a ton of config stuff, lots and lots of tags, a whole section on database issues, and more that I can't remember right now. As far as I can tell, VO doesn't really offer highly specialized support for Interchange. They will try to diagnose and fix stuff (their overall support is excellent), but to be a real expert with Interchange takes a lot of training and experience. All in all, it's a real bear, but I think it's gonna be worth learning. If there are issues with VO that folks are aware of, I would love to hear about them. We will likely be getting a dedicated machine fairly soon. So, I'd like to have any heads-up that I can.

Thanks very much.

Quote Reply
I just noticed that post and a few others at WHT and thought it may be of interest as darrell asked for:

>>a reliable afforable web hosting service <<

.....but if you have personal experience then I guess it counts for more than my ramblings (well someone elses) Blush

I wasn't trying to disuade darrell or anything.
Quote Reply
No problem, RedRum. I know that you're always trying to help folks. Your opinion matters tons, believe me.

Last edited by:

DogTags: Mar 10, 2002, 3:27 PM
Quote Reply
Ooo that gave me some "warm fuzzies" as Pugdog would say Blush

Thanks ....I won't let it go to my head though Cool

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 10, 2002, 3:36 PM
Quote Reply
CoolCoolCoolCool......