Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Stolen Pickup 101

Quote Reply
Stolen Pickup 101
Hello All,
I went to the parking garage of my place.
It was empty.

No tires, no rust , no metal at all.

I had owned a 1986 Toyota Pickup. #7 of 25 top stolen in BC Canada !
I now owned an empty space and I now I own an Insurance policy with ICBC [ Insurance Corp of BC, Canada ] for their new driver.
The new driver can do as pleases as it seems it is a policy fee free zone to the quasi driver due to theft.
I on the other hand have to keep paying my Insurance due to the unknown.

I am not good at the unknown or other undefined quasi krap with ref insuring a thief.

But since the country I live in does not punish people:

Dear new driver :
I might have left a small biological boo boo under the passenger seat.
It may look like mold.
Oh well You will know in 24 hours or at least your family will know.
See Ya Stinky !

Last edited by:

cornball: Jan 17, 2003, 8:29 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] Stolen Pickup 101 In reply to
Dang..that sucks :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
How did you manage to leave a biological "booboo" under the seat before you knew it was going to be stolen?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Stolen Pickup 101 In reply to
Hello Paul,
I was just using my hopes that the bad guy(s) would find something bad under the seat and turn themselves in, karma or bad karma.

But tonight the North Van RCMP phoned to say the Vancouver Police collected my beater 3 days ago !

It seems the stolen report worked but communication back about the recovery takes time to grind through the paper work mill.

YEAH HA ! I will soon get back my 1986 happy wrinkled beater and again wander the streets with a window open and a grin on my face.

I think I owe some cops a box of Tim Horton's Donuts at least !

I do not know if they caught the bad guy(s).

But at least I will be able to sleep happily tonight.

See Ya

Cornball
Quote Reply
Hey Cornball,
You're pretty lucky you got your wheels back.
Congratulations Wink
By the way, i was wondering if it was the biological poop that did the job?? Sly
Any plans for it if its still there when you bring home your beater
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hello Paul,
I was just using my hopes that the bad guy(s) would find something bad under the seat and turn themselves in, karma or bad karma.

But tonight the North Van RCMP phoned to say the Vancouver Police collected my beater 3 days ago !

It seems the stolen report worked but communication back about the recovery takes time to grind through the paper work mill.

YEAH HA ! I will soon get back my 1986 happy wrinkled beater and again wander the streets with a window open and a grin on my face.

I think I owe some cops a box of Tim Horton's Donuts at least !

I do not know if they caught the bad guy(s).

But at least I will be able to sleep happily tonight.

Wow...that is very lucky! I had my scooter (moped) stolen about a year or so ago, literally a week after getting it, and passing my test. I managed to get it back after 4 months...but it was in a bit of a state, cos they managed to crash it along the way. We are a couple of the lucky people though...a lot of people don't ever see their vehicles again Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Just wait till the paperwork to get it OFF the stolen list gets delayed, then they will arrest YOU for driving your stolen truck.
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Stolen Pickup 101 In reply to
Hello Joematt,
I am waiting for a phone call to go and get my pickup back.
It has already been off the stolen vechicle list for 4 days.
But even if not then I do not mind being pulled over for a mistake, I do have a license and insurance.
Smile

cornball
Quote Reply
That would be quite good fun getting pulled over knowing that you could just have a giggle with the officers.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Stolen Pickup 101 In reply to
Hello Paul, except here a possible stolen vehicle is a felony stop.

So you will be asked to get out of the car at gun point.

You may be asked to get down on the usually wet pavement and be handcuffed and searched.

Once your heart slows beating, you can show your drivers license and laugh then.

Blush So it would be best not to steal cars.

I still do not know if they caught some one driving my pickup.

They did recover a small pair of bent scissors that were used as the keys.

cornball