Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Site keeps going offline?

Quote Reply
Site keeps going offline?
Hi,

Noticing this more and more recently (over last 2 days). The site just seems to go offline for 10-20 mins at a time, and then work again. The error I get is a timeout one, so maybe the server is just too busy? Just thought I'd point it out, in case GT were not aware.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Site keeps going offline? In reply to
Andy wrote:
Noticing this more and more recently (over last 2 days). The site just seems to go offline for 10-20 mins at a time, and then work again. The error I get is a timeout one, so maybe the server is just too busy? Just thought I'd point it out, in case GT were not aware.
Are you using IE8?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Site keeps going offline? In reply to
Nah, Firefox 3. All other sites seem ok.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Site keeps going offline? In reply to
Andy wrote:
Nah, Firefox 3. All other sites seem ok.
In that case what I thought was an IE8 bug may in fact have been the GT site being down. I'll keep watching.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Site keeps going offline? In reply to
Ya, guess GT may need to get back to us, to let us know (happened for a while yesterday, and only once today)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk