Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Science

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Science
I've been trying to find this sign on my computer, and on the net for ages. However, I just cant seem to find it. What I am looking for is the reversable reaction arrow (its like <====>, but wither end of the arrows are halved, so it has 2 lines, one with as line and half an arrow head pointing one way, an dthe other doing the opposite). I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get hold of it? I was going to do it in paint, but I would prefer if there was a font or something I could use that would do the job.

Anyone?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Science In reply to
Hi Andy -

Try to find font "WP MathA"...
characters 0186 & 0187

--
Matt G
Quote Reply
Re: [Matt Glaspie] Science In reply to
Thanks Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
lol,

Looks like you are doing Chemistry, doing equilibriums? Good fun aren't they! Smile
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Science In reply to
Fun? I could think of other ways to describe it Wink I much prefer the Biology and Physics part of the cource, but Chemistry is part of it, so i gotta put up with it Frown. Its my last year this year, so I'l be glad when its over Tongue. I'm looking at carrying on my IT course and starting a Cisco course next year. That should be more to my taste Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Dear Andy

you could also try using TeX or LaTeX (search Google for "introduction latex" if you are not familiar with it), which gives you everything you will ever need to typeset science papers. I am doing a PhD in physics and TeX/LaTeX is the only program which is capable of rendering complicated formulas.

For the arrow in question, use the command \rightleftharpoons

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Science In reply to
Microsoft Equation Maker 3.0 is good as well.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Hmmm I did A-Level chemistry.....now that WAS fun Crazy

I though oh great I'll be able to do lots of cool experiments....much to my surprise I was doing frigging chemical equations with stuff like chloro-di-oxymethane and di-oxy-butane etc...

UGH
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Science In reply to
Yeah...ohhhh what fun Frown Lol...about the best time we had was making alcahol Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It isn't drinkable though.

Methanol and ethanol are alcohols but I sure wouldn't want to drink them :)
Quote Reply
No, it definatly wasnt Frown

BUT...my chemistry teacher does alcahol brewing at home as a hobby, so she showed how to get set up to make our own booze Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
My auntie just came back from Mexico with two bottles of SPICY chilli sauce and a bottle of Tequila - 70% proof

Last edited by:

RedRum: Nov 12, 2001, 8:46 AM
Quote Reply
Speaking of Tequila... I was shocked at how much the price of decent Tequila has risen. $50+ for a bottle of Patron Anejo. Why does it seem like the closer to Mexico you live, the more expensive the Tequila gets?

If anyone wants any hot sauce (salsa) let me know and I'll see what it takes to get it shipped (within reason).

Later (y'all).

Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Science In reply to
>>If anyone wants any hot sauce (salsa) let me know and I'll see what it takes to get it shipped (within reason).
<<

Hey if you are serious I'll have some :) ....Im obsessed with chillies. I have tobasco sauce, chilli powder or something like that with almost every meal....lol

Quote Reply
Not a problem. "PM" me with your mailing address (UK right?) and I'll see what it takes. I can't imagine it'd be too hard. However, you never know what kind of weird import/tariff laws there may be.

I'll send you some local stuff, you'll like it Cool.

If anyone else is interested, PM me. Just keep in mind that they don't call it *hot* sauce for nothing.

Mike.

Quote Reply
hey cool... real salsa. let me know what it'd cost and I'll send you some dough through paypal.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
hmmm .... how close is close?

My old bedroom at my mother's house gave me a view of the T.J. bull ring, the closest fence was only about a 5 minutes by car! Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Science In reply to
Wow that's close. For me it's a couple hundred miles (Texas is 800 miles wide) about a 4 hour car ride.

Drew, send me your address and I'll let you know what I find out.

Quote Reply
You should try SharkBite. It is an enhanced habanjero hot sauce. It makes red Tobasco taste like Dr. Pepper.

I think the enhanced means they distill the "hot" out of habanjeros and add it back in to make it extra srtength! It is something to keep out of reach of the children.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Science In reply to
Hehe....I did once try to eat a chilli seed and nearly died lol (not really) but it felt like someone had poured a can of petrol in my mouth, lit it, then dropped a few razor blades in there and skinned my tongue with their fingernails.

You probably get the idea.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Nov 12, 2001, 3:26 PM
Quote Reply
I have a friend who likes red Tabasco. Sprinkles it on everythink, kind of like some people use ketchup. Complained about Tabasco not being hot enought. Came across SharkBite on a trip and got a couple of bottles. The Tabasco friend put a drop on his plate and dipped the tine of a fork into it. Just wetted the side of a fork tine about 1/8 inch 3cm? and touched his tongue. That small amount was way to hot for him.
--
Rob

Quote Reply
>>I have a friend who likes red Tabasco. Sprinkles it on everythink, kind of like some people use ketchup. <<

Exactly like me. I sprinkle it on fries (or chips as we call them), pizzas, everything :)
Quote Reply
Have any of you folks tried KIMCHEE (Korean ... "pickled -- as in with salt rather than viengar" cabbage and chili peppers.

or

How about Tom Yun Kun ??? (spelling) the Thai hot soup? <-- I can't handle this stuff.

tobassco kids stuff ... but sharkBite sounds like fun .. my eyes are already watering! Shocked

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Science In reply to
Personally I like a little heat, like some tabasco. For me the green Tabasco is perfect.

But I search for horseradish to put on meat. Where ever I go, I look for varieities of hot horse radish. Some nice horseradish will clear your nose and make your eyes water too!
--
Rob

Quote Reply
Have you tried the Japanese "Green Horse Radish" -- WASABI ... great stuff.
go to a Sushi Bar and eat the stuff straight and if there's any Japanese around you they'll look at you like you're quite MaD but also might admire your grit.

Also, try Webers Mustard ... love it ... just can't get it where I live Mad

> >