Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Really scary if true

Quote Reply
Really scary if true
http://www.msnbc.com/....asp?0si=-&cp1=1

This Van Impe character is one deeply, deeply disturbed person who takes advantage of other disturbed and frightened persons - he sees the apocalyptic signs anywhere and everywhere. I seriously doubt he has been contacted by the White House - although it would not totally surprise me. But it is creating somewhat of a stir as the word gets out, and the White House may want to put some distance between them and this bible-thumping lunatic.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Really scary if true In reply to
There is always one.... (or several thousand, to be honest... Crazy).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by, "My investigation into it is that there’s no truth to it,” National Security Council spokesman Sean McCormack."

And mind you, this is a gossip columnist. Not exactly the arbiters of truth.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 29, 2003, 10:49 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Really scary if true In reply to
Written by gossip columnist, yes. But Van Impe did post that article on his website, and what she says about Van Impe is 100% true. So the only thing that may not be true is:

“My investigation into it is that there’s no truth to it,” National Security Council spokesman Sean McCormack told The Scoop, “but I’m continuing to look into it.”

But I doubt that The Scoop fabricated the quote from McCormack - at least no denial from the Whitehouse that I know of. Nothing beyond that. Whether it is true or not, is uncertain. The columnist is not suggesting it is necessarily. Just reporting what was published on Van Impe's website.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
The lead of her story is implying that it's true, or maybe just hoping that it's true. Not that the WH denies it or that this Van Impe character is delusional.

That's what you get from a gossip columnist.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Really scary if true In reply to
If you read between the lines, yes. I could see the same story, as written, in the mainstream news media like CNN. If it was Clinton instead of Bush, the Republicans would have run with the ball. As far as I know, the Democrats have not touched it. And for good reason. Delusional, yes. Van Impe is downright nuts, but the loon has a very large following of loons.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln