Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Re: [Seto Kaiba] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : )

(Page 2 of 2)
> >

Re: [Seto Kaiba] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : ) In reply to
>>
Paul, you wouldn't lose any of that to me.
<<

I know, I was talking about Eliot and the arguments he generates. It is a proven fact that very few if any arguments occur when Eliot is not around (proven by his absence when banned)....the forum had a much better atmosphere. Then sure enough he came back and a few days or a week or whatever he was back to his usual self.

>>
The whole time you've been saying I'm good buddies with Eliot and what not. That is _your_ perception. Get a clue.. the forum says 13660 Registered users.. there are a whole 13660 perceptions in this forum. You.. the guy "that has so much to lose" says _I am good buddies with Eliot_. What are you trying to pin me on?
<<

I'm not sure of the relevance of that. But yeah it's a pretty valid perception, all you had to do was make one post an Eliot was like "oh wow how great to see you yipee" ....I could search for the forums half a million posts for the next 10 years and probably not find a reaction like that from Eliot to anyone else.

As for mylinks yeah I do remember that and yeah I do remember who you accused...accused being the keyword, the code was totally different, you just had a chip on your shoulder because someone had made a mod that worked just as good as yours, and then better when the later version came out using a database or whatever it was.

>>
Don't lie. I haven't done so, but when I left.. I believed many to do so. Even Alex.. but that's something else.
<<

Oops, now you are in for it. Btw that post you made a while back saying GT had lied to you...can you guess how they found out about it?...3 guesses.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 1, 2002, 8:07 AM

Re: [Paul] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : ) In reply to
Naw.. the first version.. carried the bug. If you still have MyLinks v1. Shortly after # Build the Links. there are 2 foreach loops. the first one gets how ever many number of links they want per page.. the second one puts them into categories.. together.. they form the bug. it's hard to understand.. but the links are no longer sorted correctly. you can't tell unless you have a certain amount of links and a from many categories.

i believe the author wasn't honest about coding it all by himself. especially after doing it after i did. plus.. the new versions didn't even come out until i left.

3 guesses? What? I don't understand. Alex has given me the opportunity to learn more perl and strengthen my understanding. That I can gladly thank him for. However, he is just a businessman. I don't know what your "3 guesses" thing is, but I know all the company here would praise Alex 'til his death, but I sure won't.

I'm almost sure about something regarding you Paul, but I'd like it if you emailed me about it. I may have asked you before the question.. but yes, it's private.

--
jsu

Re: [Seto Kaiba] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : ) In reply to
>>
I'm almost sure about something regarding you Paul, but I'd like it if you emailed me about it. I may have asked you before the question.. but yes, it's private.
<<

Sure, email on it's way.

Re: [Paul] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : ) In reply to
Paul,

I have turned on private messages. You and others always say that if you have problems with people, you should PM them. Well, I have offered that mechanism as a method for airing grieves and complaints against me.

But you have continued not to take your own advice. I am asking you nicely to take my offer to PM if you have a problem with me. It is hyprocritical of you to tell people to post PMs if you have problems with users and not to air negative comments or attacks against others in public forums, and then continue to do it. Some of your remarks are on the edge of slander, which I would be careful about.

And the fact of the matter is, I don't respect you and thus, my remarks may seem harsh towards you. Why don't I react in the same manner as Jerry? Because I respect him as a programmer and as a human being. Jerry and I have had MANY differences in the past, but we have respectful disagreed on those points and have gone on.

So, to be short, if you have any further problems with my posts, I would recommend using PM rather than posting attacks against others in public forums. And that goes for any other user that has a problem with me...no need to continue that in the public forum.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [Stealth] Guys.. A simple Javascript Question... : ) In reply to
Eliot, like we already know you have had pm's switched off for months so don't give me this crap:

>>
It is hyprocritical of you to tell people to post PMs if you have problems with users and not to air negative comments or attacks against others in public forums, and then continue to do it.
<<

>>
And the fact of the matter is, I don't respect you
<<

Yeah and as far as I'm concerned there is no reason for that lack of respect...what did I ever do to you? ...what did Evoir ever do to you, what did LoisC ever do to you, what did anyone ever do to you?

>>
Some of your remarks are on the edge of slander, which I would be careful about.
<<

Is that a threat?...if so I'll happily go through my errors logs for the 1100 hits to my contact form and call a lawyer. Do you think you are going to be able to sue me for saying you start arguments?...ha get a life, I'd just point your lawyer to this forum and then he'd drop the case.

I have nothing more to say to you.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 1, 2002, 1:06 PM
> >