Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Weird Weather

(Page 2 of 3)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Weird Weather In reply to
Hehe its only been hot for one day so far (today) but yeah it was nice...I went and played golf with a friend....gosh I hit the ball so far ;)

Im just off to bed....got the windows open...its a bit humid.

Last edited by:

Paul: May 16, 2002, 3:46 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Weird Weather In reply to
This is early for you Paul!? All golfed out eh....

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
>>This is early for you Paul!?<<

Not at the moment... Ive been going to bed at about 11.30 for the last month or so.

>>All golfed out eh.... <<

Im really worried about my health...Ive done no excercise for months and I find even 9 holes exhausting and then I feel shitty for the rest of the day :(

Last edited by:

Paul: May 16, 2002, 4:05 PM
Quote Reply
Hmmmm.... I have a $3000 mountain bike right next to me here.... looking very unused! I know what you mean. Well, at least you have doctors there.... all of ours are out on strike over a rumble with the BC government!

I find humidy can really knock the hell out of you if you are not used to it.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
>>I find humidy can really knock the hell out of you if you are not used to it.<<

Tell me about it. 20 degrees feels like a scorcher to us English folk :(
Quote Reply
Yay....its hot again today :) 2 days in a row..this is impressive Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Weird Weather In reply to
Supposed to be 26 in London/Manchester today.
Quote Reply
I dunno what it is down here...but its hot enough for my liking. I'm stuck in an ICT lesson at the moment..can't wait til break time cos then I can go home, or go out and enjoy some sun Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
"break time!" - haha....thats what I used to call it when I was at primary school...that or "play time"....lol

Last edited by:

Paul: May 17, 2002, 2:26 AM
Quote Reply
LOL...I know what you mean Tongue I expect Americans call it something like recess or something isn't it? Oh well, only 3 exams to go, and then I'm finished completly from college/school..and I'm definatly not gonna be going to Uni Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
bahahahahaha exams Tongue

I've payed my dues Laugh

somebody else's turn now Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Weird Weather In reply to
Yeah mine but they can f off.
Quote Reply
LOl...I'll be glad when they are over. Then I can go full time, and never have to spend another minute worrying about getting courework/homework in on time Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Life is full of exams and tests. They just don't come as 'obvious' as those where a lot of you sit in a big hall together jotting away on pieces of paper. You'll see ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Weird Weather In reply to
Exams are pointless imo anyway....they are a test of memory more than ability....ie you just have to remember everything you've learned and you'll pass :)

Luckily I have a good memory so it all sinks in throughout the year and I can do about 10 minutes revision and pass....although that doesn't work when you miss 9/10 lectures :)
Quote Reply
Hm. What kind of exams do you take?!

My examinations were not about your memory at all. It was the way you applied your knowledge and understanding of a situation to answer the problem at hand. Nothing to do with remembering a few words or references and then just repeating these back. It was all to do with the way you used your knowledge.

- wil
Quote Reply
>>
It was all to do with the way you used your knowledge.
<<

Perhaps with English or something but not with maths...you are either right or wrong.
Quote Reply
Yeah. You learn forumals and stuff and then you apply it to the problem. You can't learn the solution to the problem until your in the exam, though. :-\

Edit: No, sorry - you are very wrong here. There is an *element* of right and wrong in Maths, but it's actually smaller than you'd might think.

I took Maths for A level, and even though you got some of the answer incorrect I had high marks for my application of formula, or the way you have tackled the problem. This is even outlined in the syllabus if I remember correctly. You can have a very good mark in Mathematics and answer every single question on the paper incorrectly. The end result you get is only a small factor in the mark you get for a paticular question. It's the way you have applied your knowledge and your understanding of the problem.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: May 17, 2002, 8:33 AM
Quote Reply
Well. teachers don't like exams either. You have to make, administer, and correct them.
IMO -- a pain in the _ss!
But, they do help when it comes to grading.

I wonder if this summer will like last summer .... just plain sh_tty. Unsure

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Isn't it funny how this thread start out as "Weird Weather", and got turned into exam theorySmile

Oh, well... I guess they are both "un-predicateble" and at times "weird".

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
it was about 10 feet high and about as powerful as a fart

Sounds like someone I knowWink

Ahh, whirlwinds.... in Australia we called them dust-devils. Pretty cool to see, especially when they do pick up dirt, leaves and garbage.

Reminds me of my experience with an ozzy dust devil, I was travelling south through the desert towards Coober Pedy in a Toyota camper with a pop top that I`d bought 3 months earlier watching these things on the horizon they must have been at least a thousand feet high, and I remember saying to my girlfriend that I`d like to see one up close.

The very next moment an enormous one appeared no more than 50 yds to my right and within half a second we were in it and it was ripping our roof off, making a mess of us, trashing the inside of my van and throwing the whole roof (which was secured down at the time and I was travelling at about 60mph) including shredded canvas a good couple of hundred yards into the bush, I swear if the roof hadn`t come off the van would have been turned over as the thing literally dragged us up onto two wheels before the roof gave way.

I taped what was left of the roof back onto the van and then later on spent two weeks in Adelaide fixing it up.

Dust devils are best left on the horizon believe me..

I uploaded a picky of me using the vans new full length sunroof minutes after it happened.

Ha, everywhere I went in Adelaide people thought I was bullshitting as they`d never heard of it happening before.

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Weird Weather In reply to
Hi chmod,

I feel like I just read a travel guide about Cober Pedy! ha ha. Good thing these guys live underground!

Wild expereince! Looking at the photo did not really make me home sick for OZ, but I sure feel like a holiday.

Nice shot of the "fried out old combie" thereWink.

Were you holidaying or living there?

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Hey sooke,
yeah I was travelling, started in Sydney where I bought the van for $9,000 ozzy and then up to Cairns then across to Three Ways and down to Alice onto Ayers Rock for millenium new years eve then down to Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney where I sold the van again for $8,900 (I`m proud of that Sly), took 5 months in all. Then we headed over to NZ for a couple of months.

Sydney was my favourite although I only spent two weeks there in total.

"I fish and I vote" and "eat beef you b#st#rds" are my favourite ozzy bumper stickers, hehe.

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Weird Weather In reply to
Quite the holiday! You got to see a lot of down under... more than a lot of aussies I would sayTongue.

I used to fly out of Cairns for a while (I used to be a pilot). I like Cape York, but too humid.

As far the interior of Australia... love it! Lots of nothing (I am not much for cities). But point taken on Sydney, it has some great things to offer.

I find Australians to have a great sense of humor... they really CAN laugh at themselves, and don't seem to take things too seriously. I have seen that meat sticker before, pretty funny!

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Yeah, Brits, Ozzies and Kiwis all get on well together. Its definately a humour thing.

chmod
> > > >