Terrorism?
http://story.news.yahoo.com/...te/internet_attack_6
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Terrorism? In reply to
To answer your question : No.

- wil
Quote Reply
You can never be sure, but it is possible. Who can really guess what acts of terrorism are capable of, and why should networks be any less a target?
Quote Reply
Re: [] Terrorism? In reply to
You've been listening to way too much US News and propoganda. Well, the UK is just as bad I must be honest.

They want you to believe that the Internet is at threat from "terrorists" (what they gonna do, spam me?) so that they can force bills through that tighten up on users privacy. Remember that "terrorist" bill they tried to push through straight after 9/11, well welcome to the propoganda that follows. Thank god UK ISPs this week refused to cooperate on the terror bill, which gives the public a bit more time to get their heads around all this and actually think.

http://slashdot.org/...051218.shtml?tid=158

You going to call the US sniper a terrorist now? Because that's what he is. Oh no, of course, he's liekly to be an US citizen and he's a white male. Not a terrorst then.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Terrorism? In reply to
While the term "terrorist" has been overplayed like a U2 album the liklihood of a terror attack on the net is HIGH! The internet is not all about cool pages and people chatting. It is a multi-billion dollar industry in and of itself and the largest portion of that "business" is here in the U.S.

As per the sniper comment, obviously you do not have children. He IS a terrorist!Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Terrorism? In reply to
He is a terrorist, yes, in my eyes. I was just mocking the US Government's definition of a terrorist.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Terrorism? In reply to
I believe the US Governments definition included the likes of Timothy McVeigh, (white and male), and he was dealt with appropriately.

Regards,
Clueless

Quote Reply
This reminds of Tom Clancy's "Net Zero", which was a fictional book about a "terrorist" group plotting to bring down the Internet and an Internet crime fighting agency fighting them electronically and physically.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Terrorism? In reply to
Particularly since economic warfare is apparently a key part of the terrorist arsenal.
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Terrorism? In reply to
Oops...I believe the title of the book was "Net Force", not "Net Zero"...oh well.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Terrorism? In reply to
Hm... I just remembered that I bought the fourth book in the series (Point of Impact), but I haven't read past the first chapter yet. Been sitting on my bookshelf for a year.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.