Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Coke In India Found To Contain pesticides

(Page 2 of 3)
> > > >

Re: [Paul] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
If pesticide levels are truly up to 70 times the maximum allowed in the US and the EU, then advising consumers to drink in moderation is a really silly and a potentially dangerous human health strategy. Sure we allow our beverages to be loaded up with poison, but just consume less and you should be okay. Before you commit to that, I'd do some research first in the toxicology of pesticides (looking at the pesticides in question, in the suggested concentrations, and known Oral LD50 values). Knowing what I know, I'm not going to trivialize this and give companies carte blanche in countries where standards are poor or non-existent. This does deserve careful investigation, and not outright dismissal. This situation would sound off warning bells for any toxicologist or human health proferssional. And yes:

"All substances are toxic..there is none that is not. It is the dose that differentiates a poison from a remedy" (Paracelsus 1493 - 1541, father of toxicology). Toxicology 101 (first question on both Environmental Toxicology Introduction course midterm and final exams - back when I took the environmental toxicology courses 10 years ago after my B.Sc.).

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
I think there is some misinformation on the point of testing opium/ cadmium in bread. Bread and all such edibles are governed by well laid out framework FPA. Unfortunately, beverages were not under FPA. I am sure if Few MNC's enter India with their Bread etc.. you have a point that it needs to be tested. I can definitely promise you, it would be and in light of these happenings would be more rigourously tested.

MNC's ulterior motives would not be achieved by "Slow Poisoning" the poor (who eat bread). They are targeting the more "affordable" class thru this soft drinks because they can afford the costly medical treatment. I know it hurts when the brand image is tarnished but it would be more appropriate to take corrective actions cancel the franchisee agreements rather than defend them much in the same way UCC (now i suppose a Du Pont company) defended it's actions in India post that MEA leak.

And BTW the beverages arket in India is ab 1.4Bn $$ PA which i think is peanuts as compared to the drugs market.

Anup

Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Quote:
Right. I was just thinking it would be much more effective to put the chemicals in something like bread, that everyone in India eats everyday.

Well that is a good idea, maybe sweets? Also don't forget the benefits of aerial spraying. Or better yet space delivered pathogens, get some use out of that space station and all.

Or if they really want to go xfiles, how about mass vaccinations?

Re: [ArmyAirForces] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Or may be CIA postulated SARS thru some biological WMD. I think all data of effectiveness must now be in the databanks (post HK/China scare). You could do anything. World is remebering the 58th anniversary of Heroshima bombing if my history knowledge is not misplaced.

Anup

..and you know that really would go a long way toward explaining Anup, it's either something he's consumed or had implanted in him by the CIA.

Re: [ArmyAirForces] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Sorry i do not consume these stuff. I am more comfrtable with chilled darjeeling lemon tea. last i consumed coke was before they were asked to fold up from India in 1977. Upon their re-entry i do not remeber taking it at all....

Anup

Quote:
Also don't forget the benefits of aerial spraying.

i think UCC has already tried that in midst of a night when many did not get a chance to wake up from their sleep. So that's not a novel proposition -- unfortunately.

Re: [anup123] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Well I have good news for you.

Recently, I attended a fund raising event for President Bush that was hosted by jointly by Monsanto and Halliburton. As luck would have it, I was seated at a table full of National Security Council staffers, at least that was what they told me – they could have been working for any number of secret agencies.

Our table was in a great location, but the chicken we had for dinner was cold. Fortunately the guest speaker was very entertaining, some gentleman named Pervez Mushraff. He told some great bawdy jokes.

At the table our conversation got around to the issue of biological weapons and how best they could be employed on the sub-continent. One staffer, who for understandable reasons I cannot name, assured me that several simultaneous programs were on the verge of achieving great success.

Apparently one of our most effective programs is proceeding under the guise of hunting for Bin Laden. That’s given the agencies access to Pakistani air space & bases, which provides new areas to launch our long range stealth drones from. Thanks to the Israelis, we’ve increased their range and payload. Diego Garcia has been a great location for the effort, but in order to increase the operational tempo and loiter time over the target, Pakistan was critical. They seemed confident that the program goals could be achieved within the next 3 years.

A second, and perhaps more brilliant, program is being run against Indian students studying here in the US. Thanks to our new Homeland Security tracking systems, we know where all of the students are at any given time. It’s proven very easy to infect these individuals with dormant viruses that are only activated once they drink something containing the right combination of ingredients back in India. To prevent accidental release here in the US, there are two separate substances which must be ingested to activate the virus.

I accused them of borrowing that idea from Tom Clancy, but they just laughed and asked me where I thought he go the idea from! That floored me.

Unfortunately, I could not get the people at the table to tell me what exactly the second substance was. I have my suspicions but I’ll refrain from passing along information that is only learned through rumors.

Anyway, we raised a lot of money and had a really good time.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 6, 2003, 10:32 AM

Aah and unfortunatelt you forgot few interesting points. About Blackwill's indication that US was thinking of giving India biological and nuclear weapons (with long term Chinese Communists In Mind) and a subsequent threat from some clergy to Blackwill.

BTW, these were not some round table conferences but statements pre Myers visit to India (as a part of the same "Fund Raisng campaign" that you talked of).

Midway Ashcroft had to leave to address a press conference post Al jawahari's threat thru some tape on some channel which western media adjectivises as "*** ****" and never returned as then there was this meeting scheduled with few who have indicated to step down from office even if GWB was to successfully spend the fund collected by you and be back in office for second term. And somewhere somebody talked of suicide of some British dignitory....when everyone maintained a few minutes of silence to mourn the unfateful end... due to some remark which that gentleman could not bear....

Then to get things back on track, GWB played the same old 911 tape....

Anup
---EDIT:

And yes I am aware of your active Homeland security as few agents of your paranoid homeland security bashed up an Indian student in Boston -- a engineering student who was out delivering pizza probably out of sheer frustration as the high immunity levels which has rendered the CIA blue print ineffective. So nothing surpasses the brutal physical force in terms of effectiveness.

Smile

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 6, 2003, 11:00 AM

Re: [dan] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Quote:
If pesticide levels are truly up to 70 times the maximum allowed in the US and the EU, then advising consumers to drink in moderation is a really silly and a potentially dangerous human health strategy.

Well, I was just speaking generally in terms of staying healthy, in regards to caffeine etc.

Re: [Paul] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Heh, don't knock caffeine. Without it, I'd be a quivering mess without it - instead of a quaking mess with it Wink

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

Re: [dan] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Try anti-depressants. They give you hallucinations, vivid dreams, dizziness, spasms, and all sorts of goodies Tongue

Re: [anup123] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
In Reply To:
MNC's ulterior motives would not be achieved by "Slow Poisoning" the poor (who eat bread). They are targeting the more "affordable" class thru this soft drinks because they can afford the costly medical treatment. I know it hurts when the brand image is tarnished but it would be more appropriate to take corrective actions cancel the franchisee agreements rather than defend them much in the same way UCC (now i suppose a Du Pont company) defended it's actions in India post that MEA leak.
Now this is making some sense! Given the MNC's involvement in mass media, a program of "slow poisoning" would not have to include the use of addictive substances, as the MNCs could achieve the same "addictive" effects through the use of subliminal messages. TV, movies, computer software and the internet all all controlled by MNCs and by simply inserting a message frame in the information stream would be very difficult to detect. I think Coca Cola experimented with subliminal advertising in movie theaters years ago. Since that time, it has been rather hush-hush. Computer screens usually refresh at somewhere between 60-80 times per second, plenty of cylces to slip in a subliminal message targeting the "non-poor" segments surfing the internet or running a computer program. Movies and TV, at least in the US, run about 29.97 frames per second, and would provide similar opportunties. The use of subliminal messages becomes much easier given these are now electronic and digital mediums, and much harder to detect, as the files are now strings of 0's and 1's instead of obvious images on celluoid film. The digital technology would make it fairly simple to simple "reprogram" and change or "vanish" the subliminal messages as needed.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Aug 6, 2003, 11:57 AM

Good idea =) But, the US explicitly banned subliminal advertising many years ago. However, it went unnoticed as the announcement ran only one frame Wink Funny enough, a few weeks ago, a company announced that they pioneered a new subliminal advertising strategy. Cannot recall the details. Be less annoying than these damn product placements - including recent shows predicated on displaying product lines. Maybe it's the way to go, and the wave of the future. If only advertisers could tap into your REM sleep, and introduce product placement in your dreams. This dream was brought to you by the good people at Coca-Cola. Drink Coke, or face some really scary monsters.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

I can get that without the anti-depressants by reliving my 20's =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

In Reply To:
But, the US explicitly banned subliminal advertising many years ago.
I think your observation confirms to Anup's concerns. The central arguement of Anup's posts is these "contaminants" are found in Indian Coca Cola, but these same "contaminants" curiously are not found in US products. Likewise, you your post confirms subliminal messages are banned (not found) in the US but coincedentally do not discuss the presence and/or usage of these messages by the MNCs, NSA, CIA, etc in a concerted effort to disadvantage the Indian people.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Aug 6, 2003, 12:13 PM

The only subliminal messages I deal with are those from my gf. After 16 years, she has an amazing ability to get me do things with any verbal communication or obvious cues.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

She's obviously an enemy agent! Surely she must be employed by some evil corporation?

p.s. And please do tell how you get away with "girlfriend" after 16 years. I can't make it six months without being threatened with marriage or common law! Tongue

Yes, the evil corporation of W.O.M.E.N. =)

Well, we are common-law (within months of our first date - U2 concert 1987). Fortunately we both are not fans of the institution of marriage - both being atheists (although she is spiritual - and I'm aspiritual) might have played a role. Dodged that bullet =) No children or plans to have children - dodged that minefield =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

The "Doctrine Of Double Standards" deeply entrenched into white house philosophy and comfortably embraced by MNC's. Yet another example

Anup

In Reply To:
The "Doctrine Of Double Standards" deeply entrenched into white house philosophy and comfortably embraced by MNC's. Yet another example
Links to more examples:

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Aug 6, 2003, 11:04 PM

Rob,

I'm severely disappointed. You should not be exposing our nations secrets, as such information could diminish their effectiveness on the sub continent.

Granted most of that population will remain unaware, but still some damage may have been done.

-Scott

Quote:
Granted most of that population will remain unaware, but still some damage may have been done.

Just as much as 'CIA et al' were unaware of pokhran - II blast. Caught them dreaming of their superior survelience systems flying around in space.....

Hallucination is that what it is supposed to be?
Wink

Anup

Quote:
You've got more chance of damanging your health eating from a street stall in India than you have consuming health regulated soft drinks.

It took a while for me to comment on this as i thouroughly checked up all available literature on "Health Regulated Drinks" to find if "Dangerously High Levels Of Cocktail Of Pesticides" were an inherent part and I am sorry i could not find one.

As re the stall foods ... I would disagree ... they wouldn't do it on purpose as they are not a part of the "Drugs Cartel" Coke complaint to the F&D control officer in Gujarat few months back against some local 'Stall Type' gasified drink vendor and the charges were same in which they themselves are caught now. When they get the taste of their own medicine, they start challenging the actions of the F&D Control Officer. Ridiculous isn't it ... or may be not if viewed within the perspective of "Doctrine Of Double Standards"

Anup

Quote:
they wouldn't do it on purpose as they are not a part of the "Drugs Cartel" Coke complaint

I did put a call into the local corporate headquarters for both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo to see what could be done to increase the lethality of soft drinks on the sub continent.

They reported that limited talks are underway with Union Carbide, given their experience in this area, so there will probably be noticeable progress within the next 12 to 36 months.

Both corporations also pledged to increase their donations to the Bush/Cheney 2004 campaign war chest.

A successful day for all involved.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 8, 2003, 6:04 PM
> > > >