> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Popup Killer In reply to
Seen this by the way:

http://www.panicware.com/

- wil
Quote Reply
What about this, Paul......is there a way to set up the default action of AdStop to block all popups and then to set up a list of allowed popups?

I guess this would be sort of a reverse way of doing things, but I don't know if it's possible. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Popup Killer In reply to

Very interesting, Wil. Thanks Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Popup Killer In reply to
Hm... I used PanicWare for a while. When I noticed occasionally that it was closing Internet Explorer when I tried to open additional windows, I scrapped it.

www.analogx.com has a pop up killer similar to Pauls that I've been using off and on for a while now.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Popup Killer In reply to
The thing I don't like about panicware is there is no real interface - after installation it just sits in your system tray and you don't feel like you have control.

By the way, I've just updated AdStop and if I say so myself, it rocks.

You can now drag the AdStop icon to any window you want and it will be added to the rule text box.

You can also take screen captures of your whole desktop or _any_ window or part of a window you want Cool

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 29, 2003, 7:30 AM
Quote Reply
The thing about blocking all popups though is that you may miss some that you may actually want to see, whereas doing it the other way around lets you see the popup once at least to make sure you don't want it again and then you can block it in future.
Quote Reply
The drag and drop sounds really great. I'll get the update and try it.

Is it the same link as above, or is the version number different?

http://adsql.com/adstop/AdStop-1.17.zip

You're right about that regarding default blocking. If you go to a new site, you won't know whether you are missing anything significant.

Last edited by:

DogTags: Jan 29, 2003, 8:03 AM
Quote Reply
I have a few more features up my sleeve such as blocking popups of certain sizes and also certain urls.
> >