Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Popup Killer

Quote Reply
Popup Killer
I was just browsing planet-source-code.com and came across a cool little popup killing program and it seems to work really well. I've been using it for a couple of days and it lets you enter URL's to block popups from and also you can block popups with a certain browser title. There is also an automatic killer that will close windows that seem to be the size of popups....I used to get really annoyed with the popup at AOL's main page but it fails to even load using the popup killer.

Here is a download URL:

http://www.topdownloads.net/...are/view.php?id=2126
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Popup Killer In reply to
I just grabbed the latest copy of Phoenix, and must say, it's a huge improvement over mozilla. If you like the idea of popups, but find mozilla clunky, I'd highly recommend it. You can grab a google toolbar, and a nice theme to make it work nicer.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Popup Killer In reply to
I thought the Google toolbar was a standard part of Phoenix? Or at least the search box on the right hand side of the main toolbar?

And yes, it's a lovely browser. Features the best out of Mozilla's power and added extras combined with the lightness of IE. Good job.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Popup Killer In reply to
It's not as full featured as the googlebar one. For me it's missing site search and highlighting, two things I use on IE all the time.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Ah, right, fair enough. I only use the basic search box and find the extra toolbar that is the Google toolbar a bit chunky. :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
It's not bad but I just have this lingering urge for Internet Explorer whenever I use Mozilla or Konqueror, I don't know why, I guess I'm so used to my windows desktop that anything slightly "linuxy" gives me withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited by:

Paul: Nov 25, 2002, 1:34 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Popup Killer In reply to
Try Popup Zero Pro4.0 at www.pcssafe.com and it's compatible with IE, Netscape and AOL.
Quote Reply
Re: [WebHook] Popup Killer In reply to
No because the fact that you have to make three posts to advertise it tells me it is crap and no-one wants to use it.