Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Paragliding rocks..

Quote Reply
Paragliding rocks..
Just been to Turkey for two weeks and learnt how to paraglide, now I`m desperatley looking for my own wing.

Anbody out there into this sport? By week two I was launching from a 6,200 feet hill flying for an hour or so and landing on the beach amongst the holiday makers, brilliant.. first time was scary though Shocked

Its the first time I`ve been on a beach holiday and not spent time laying on it, probably going back in Sept now I`m hooked.

Any others do this?

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Paragliding rocks.. In reply to
Cool Never done it myself, always have wanted to, though, I've only heard about it from the daring folks with bullocks and cash.

Did you fly on your own?
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Paragliding rocks.. In reply to
Well I don`t have much cash, thats why I went to Turkey the sport seems a bit of a rip off in most other places (no official licencing authority in Turkey) and I don`t keep cattle..

Yeah flew solo the whole time, training on some low 150 feet high hills for a couple of days and then the big one at 6,000 that was a major buzz and put me right off little hills.

Saw a few tree landings and one guy who flew into the cliff at the top, he took off in a break in some cloud and then it closed in like 10 seconds and all we could hear was his paraglider wooshing past in the cloud a 100 yards in front followed by a bump noise, we found him a 100 foot down the cliff with just bruised shins from the impact (lucky).

But hey it really is a great sport and is much less expensive than other forms of flying.

chmod