Help Protect our Food Supply

(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
>>
When you think of healthy people, I'm not sure the British come to mind
<<

Precisely, look at what I said above....all the fast food restaurants from the US that came over here turned us all into balls of lard.

Although we will always be healthier than the US, we don't have that many people who require Jerry Springer to take a wall off the side of their house in order for them to get out Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
Um. Please stop generalizing 'Britain'.

Wales has been unhealthy for centuries and we suffer one of the worst heart disease rates in the World partly due to the 'fry up' breakfasts we eat and the English love of 'fish and chips'.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
Do you guys still eat kippers for breakfast?
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
I thought kippers for breakfast was a stereotype image of Germany?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
Is it? I sterotype Germany with man si*ed beer mugs.

Do you guys have any food sterotypes for Canada?
Quote Reply
Aww kippers are yummy I've not had them for ages though. Oily fish is good for you.

Have you ever heard of whitebait?....they are tiny little fish and you can fit about 20 in your mouth at once....yummm.

@ Canada

No not really, the only thing I associate with Canada is snow and skiing

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 10, 2002, 10:57 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah... Canada seems a little boring on the breakie front... well except Canadian Back Bacon, and Pancakes... but I am not sure how well known that is outside of Canada.

Fish for breakfast... hmmmm. Maybe Anchoivies on my left over pi**a. :)
Quote Reply
Yes we have too many fat people in America. Hell we have a population of 270 million, so we're going to have a few weirdos, fat people, nut cases, etc.

But we also exported Golds Gym, the yoga craze, health food products out the yahzoo, low-fat & sugar free everything.

Do you blame the pig, the cow, or the potato? Or is just the venue where they consume it? The blame is on the obese, the fast food outlet didn't shove that into them.

As to Jerry Springer, we're sorry about him. Will you take Ann Robinson back in trade, please? Cool
Quote Reply
I think I must be one of few people who loves all the foods others hate. I love:

Olives
Anchovies
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Quote Reply
They are all good (Michelle and I eat them all).

And I might add, is making me hungry!
Quote Reply
>>
As to Jerry Springer, we're sorry about him. Will you take Ann Robinson back in trade, please?
<<

Hehe, we don't want her, thats why we sent her to you Smile
Quote Reply
I also am now craving a BigMac...mmm

When I was living in halls of residence at uni 2 yrs ago I really couldn't be bothered cooking as the student kitchens were like Outer Mongolian slums, so I often used to walk about 2 miles in the pitch black, pouring rain, to get a MacDonalds.....mmm BigMac, large fries........but I always felt sick after.
Quote Reply
Yes, McDonalds makes me sick too, but I have not had it in a long time.... a big mac does sounds good.

I feel like homer simposon though.... I know it will make me feel like **** but I will still go and eat it. Good thing I don't have it very often.

Subway is more my fast food.
Quote Reply
I can't do McDonalds or Burger King or other types of "fast food". I'd rather have a "tavern-style" hamburger, the kind that is 2 inches thick.

Mmmm... got me thinking of the saloon at Rocky Hill Mountain Bike Ranch - those are some serious burgers. Although the place is a little scary - holes in the roof, dogs walking in and out, no screens or glass in the windows.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
If only we had places like that here :( (although I'll pass on the dogs and flies Wink)

I crave mexican food too. Infact I crave food. Sigh.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Help Protect our Food Supply In reply to
I like the picture of the burger you painted more than the establishment that serves it.... I agree, fast food placed do not know how to make a good burger... home made on the bbq is where real burgers or made.

Last edited by:

Ian: Sep 10, 2002, 11:24 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah, its lunch time here... we are having chilli!
Quote Reply
Agreed! I grill at least once a week out on the deck, steaks, chicken, fish, deer meat, potatos, veggies, you name it.

Neither wind, rain, sleet nor snow will keep me from roasting animal flesh over an open fire Tongue
Quote Reply
Nice. Let's hope animals don't become more intelligent and read that post and decide to roast you on a spit.

Venison is quite tasty though.

When did this thread get so off-topic :)

Sorry Lois.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When did this thread get so off-topic :)
About the time my stomach started growling from all this talk of food.Angelic
Quote Reply
>>Nice. Let's hope animals don't become more intelligent and read that post and decide to roast you on a spit.

I'd be too stringy, I don't eat all that fast food Tongue
> >