Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox?

Quote Reply
Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox?
Is there any way to get Outlook XP to highlight by default the newest message every time you go back to your Inbox from another folder (i.e. Calendar, Deleted Items, Contacts, etc.)? Currently if a message other than the most recent is selected and I move to another folder, then move back to the Inbox, that same message will be highlighted, not the most recent. I have a user who doesn't like this configuration but I can't find where to change it.Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tanya] Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox? In reply to
Is Outlook XP different to Outlook Express?

I use outlook express on XP and when I move to another folder and select something the email in the inbox is still selected when I go back.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox? In reply to
Yeah... Outlook Express is a dumbed down free version, hence the name "Express". It seems most people never buy the full version though, just businesses mostly.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox? In reply to
Well you would think there would be a way to change this particular configuration. With Outlook XP there are a lot of hidden features. I've tried google groups, technet/knowledge base and haven't found anything. Microsoft gives us so many useless features, why not this one? Help!
Quote Reply
Re: [Tanya] Get Outlook XP to Select Newest msg in Inbox? In reply to
Hell Tanaya,

I have never used Outlook XP but still I would like to take a chance to help you.

Please try to change the view to message.

It should work and right click on the inbox folder and click on properties and make sure that under the general tab you have the radio checked for " Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange Views "

Change the tab to the Administration tab and than make sure that your initial view on folder is " Normal ".

Thanks a lot.

Raj