Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Favo(u)r please!

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Favo(u)r please! In reply to
Don't twist it around. You know what you did was wrong. I thank you for the heads up, however, although I wouldn't of really minded - it's not doing or connected to anything anyway.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Favo(u)r please! In reply to
Whatever.

I won't bother next time and have a good giggle when someone plasters "WIL SUCKS" over your main page.

Over and out.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 4, 2002, 7:53 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Favo(u)r please! In reply to
So if I leave my car door unlocked and Paul happens to walk by and see my car and checks to see if it's unlocked and then tells me my car is not properly locked I'm gonna charge him with auto theft?
No, because he didn't steal your car. However, he did break an entry to an area where he had no authorisation or right to be.

- wil
Quote Reply
hmmm ... I really wonder.

I'd say you're lucky that somebody informed you that your site was hackable.

Think of it this way ... if it's just a dev box on a seperate network you're extrememly lucky ... if it's on a network with other machines I'd say you had been putting all your other machines in danger and if you have client information on any of the other boxes then you had put them all in danger, too.

You're very luck it wasn't a script kiddie. 14 year old who shared your pass/login with the rest of his buddies.

oh well ... things do happen ... Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
I guess that could be true, but I would appreciate knowing that my car was unlocked and the contents inside were available for a real criminal to steal. Wink
>>break an entry <<

That implies I cracked my way in, but all I did was enter the username/password into my ftp client, logged in, saw that it was a security problem, logged out and told you.

It's not like I was involved in the Great Train Robbery.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 4, 2002, 3:10 PM
> >