Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Everyone please take a moment to read....

(Page 2 of 2)
> >

Re: [Paul] Everyone please take a moment to read.... In reply to
Everyone knows that I have butted heads with Eloit many times. He probably already has my email adress, but this thread made me remove my email adress from my profile, and to NEVER make reference to my sites. Lovely. I would think this would be against GT TOS agreement. Not good when you have to hide your websites and email adresses on a community forum, ya know?

Why won't GT deal with him? I have definitely complained about him privately and publicly to GT. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes not.

I have been getting a ton of spam, but I think that's part of being on the web. Who knows where that is coming from. Crazy Alex? Hello?

Re: [Andy.] Everyone please take a moment to read.... In reply to
Erm, I hope you read this Eliot! Its all very well you sending me a PM about all this, but how am I meant to reply to you if you give me no method of communication?

As for me suggesting you were hacking me, did I ever say that? As for the email SPAM, I don't think this has anything to do with you. It looks more like a virus!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy.: Apr 23, 2002, 9:16 AM

Re: [Andy.] Everyone please take a moment to read.... In reply to
Yes I love getting threatening pm's and then when I go to reply it says "This user is not accepting pms"

Coward.

ShockedI am shocked to read the whole topic!

You would think that people who shelled out $X on software would be interested in supporting it, and the community around it. After all, it is this forum and its members who provide a great deal of the support for these products.

I think behaviour like this is un-ethical and immature. It can also cause serious, if not criminal damage to someone's e-business.

I am going to remove my sites from my signature.... which is unfortunate because I personally am proud of them, and enjoy the thought of others getting ideas or sharing thoughts with me about them. I do the same with all of your sites (for those of you who continue to post your pages on here).

Sure anyone can get your site or email address from things like whois, but why make it easy.

I have not personally been involved with this attack (that I know of), and I have no bone to pick with anyone. I should mention, and I imagine this is completley not the person in question here, but I am getting a lot, and I mean a lot of spam to my sites address, and the third highest visiting customer to my site is the spammer themselves.

I am hoping to get Pauls "who's on line" script to the stage where I can get a better idea of what is going on with my site as it happens.....

Last edited by:

sooke: Apr 23, 2002, 11:21 AM

Paul,

Is there some vulnerability in LSQL that someone who knows the script can do damage? I am concerned.

I just got a PM from Eloit about lawyers and stuff, and that I should watch what I say. hmpph. His new name is "Stealth" or something like that. Whatever.

Please, do let me know if installing LSQL will make my site vulnerable if someone who knows the script has a vengeance against me. Concerned Crazy

Re: [Evoir] Everyone please take a moment to read.... In reply to
>>
I just got a PM from Eloit about lawyers and stuff, and that I should watch what I say.
<<

Haha join the club - you are the third person I know of who's had a pm from him...he must have nothing better to do...or has realised the impact of what he's done and is getting his knickers in a twist Laugh

>>
Is there some vulnerability in LSQL that someone who knows the script can do damage? I am concerned.
<<

Not that I know of. If anything happens you'll know who it is Cool

Hi,

Just an update for everyone. Based on the email messages I've gotten, I've disabled Eliots account for 14 days, and have spoken to him that this sort of behavior is not acceptable.

It's a sad day for me, as I've never before had to ban someone. I've always felt good about the forum in that posts almost never get deleted, and users never get banned. I've always wanted to keep an open discussion (unlike some other places <ahem>).

If anyone has any concerns about this, please email me privately at alex@gossamer-threads.com. I'm closing this thread.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Re: [Evoir] Everyone please take a moment to read.... In reply to
Quote:
Please, do let me know if installing LSQL will make my site vulnerable if someone who knows the script has a vengeance against me. Concerned

Sorry, let me just address this as well.

No, there are no known vulnerabilities in Links SQL 2.0.3 or greater. No one at Gossamer could even get into the program if we wanted to without your admin username/password.

Remember though, always make sure your admin directory is password protected with a good username/password.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
> >