Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

EuroVision

Quote Reply
EuroVision
Anyone else gonna watch it tonight? Not sure I am - still scarred from some of last years performances Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] EuroVision In reply to
It's a dreadful show that no-one should watch. The lack of responses speaks for itself. The results are political and have nothing to do with singing.
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] EuroVision In reply to
Yeah, I made a point of *not* watching it. Anyone know who won iin the end?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Wow, we came last (according to the BCC new page) .

Thing that makes me laugh - is its called EuroVision ..yet its not Europe at all - its pretty much the whole world Crazy
Quote Reply
... according to the news this morning even Terry is thinking of quitting
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] EuroVision In reply to
Yeah, I don't blame him :p (specially after what happened last year/a couple of years ago - where he had to be sneaked out of the host country, cos he had death threats, after jokingly taking the micky out of the country (can't remember where it was - but remember hearing about it during this years "run up")

Does make a total farce out of it though.
Quote Reply
Quote:
where he had to be sneaked out of the host country
Hadn't heard about that- never watch the programme nowadays anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] EuroVision In reply to
haha - me either :)

Just found on the BBC site, back ion 2001 (lot longer than I thought =)), these comments (so I'm guessing this is the year it happened)

Quote:
Eurovision is superb - a group of friends, lots of Pimms and the inspired, not to mention hilarious, comments from Mr. Wogan make for a thoroughly enjoyable summer's evening.
Olly, UK

Although 38,000 Danes turned up to watch the event, the organisers showed little respect by fielding what must be the country's worst presenters.

Wogan's description of them as Dr Death and the Toothfairy was entirely appropriate.
Ian Richards, UK

The Russians should've won, with Denmark second - and Terry Wogen was right about the Tooth Fairy and Dr. Death...
Heather Wallace, UK

I really love the comment Wogen made though <G>

Wogan's description of them as Dr Death and the Toothfairy was entirely appropriate.

LOL Laugh