Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Episode II vs Spiderman

Quote Reply
Episode II vs Spiderman
Which one will will beat out the other? Spidy is over the $200 Million mark on its 2nd weekend.

Personlly, I have not seen spiderman yet... not till after Star Wars.
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
Eww why are people fascinated with rubbish films?.....to name but a few...

Star Wars
SpiderMan

...tv - Star Trek, Thunderbirds

The only good fictional film of that sort is SuperMan.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
Time for another Star Trek movie? A sequel to Blade Runner would get my vote.

Thunderbirds... gosh I haven't seen that in a while! Sci-Fi puppets... good stuff.
Quote Reply
Episode II definitely...larger following than the Super Heroes, like Spiderman, X-Men, etc.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
>>Time for another Star Trek movie?<<

Please no...I'll hang myself.
Quote Reply
The next Star Trek movie, "Star Trek: Nemesis", is to be released in December, and is based on TNG. Other movies to be released this year: The Santa Clause 2 (Novemeber) and Austin Powers 3 (August/Septmember ??) to name a few. Harry Potter 2 is coming out some time at the end of the year as well but I won't be going to see that ;-) A buddy from work is going to the first three showings of Star Wars Episode II in our area.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

sponge: May 13, 2002, 9:42 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
AP3 is more my sense of humor :)

Last edited by:

Paul: May 13, 2002, 10:42 AM
Quote Reply
Having seen both, I think Spiderman is the better movie but the visuals and effects in Star Wars II are much better.

To put it bluntly, Spidey never looked very real to me when it wasn't the actor or a stunt double whereas the new digital Yoda is much more believable....for a 2ft tall lawn ornament....and the 'crouching tiger, hidden yoda' sequence is just slick.

-Scott
Quote Reply
I love all the Star Treks, Star Wars, and basically anything fictional :) I watch all of these;

Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Original
Star Trek: Next Generation

I wanna see the new episode one that has come out...can't remeber what its called though Tongue

Can't beleive you prefer Superman over Star Trek Paul...hehheh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
Star Trek is for geeks.
Quote Reply
Your point being??? At least I don't like Golf...has to be THE MOST boring 'sport' in the world ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
Yada yada yada...we went through that days ago.....

My point?....you are a geek :)

Last edited by:

Paul: May 13, 2002, 1:43 PM
Quote Reply
Ahem... Paul... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we all here because we're all geeks? You telling me the average Joe hangs around GT this much?

I think Superman is great, but my favorite superhere is Batman. Not the newer movies though (ack... Val Kilmore reeked).

I just don't get Spiderman... damn geneticly altered spider bites Irving and bang he's shooting silk out of his wrist. He's just not as believable.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
>>
Ahem... Paul... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we all here because we're all geeks? You telling me the average Joe hangs around GT this much?
<<

Why are you a geek if you hang around GT's forum?....my definition of a geek is someone who does nothing but read books, watch star wars/star trek or school work.

Ugh my parents still haven't figure out that the Simpsons is hilariously funny and full of subtle jokes...they keep telling me to stop watching cartoons...ugh!

>>
I just don't get Spiderman... damn geneticly altered spider bites Irving and bang he's shooting silk out of his wrist. He's just not as believable.
<<

What like a flying man with super powers is believable? Laugh

Last edited by:

Paul: May 13, 2002, 2:56 PM
Quote Reply
It's more believable because he's from the fictional planet of Krypton. Spiderman is less believable because genetic engineeing is not advanced enough to cause the type of changes that occure to create Spiderman.

South Park, despite how gross it is (it's rated "MA"), often pokes fun at current events and other shows yet they usually have these mushy final words that explain the point of the episode.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Hehe I watch that too...I didn't used to like it but I find it quite amusing now.

The last episode I watched was on thursday I think when the boys/girls were having sex education classes and the girls were all told that boys were the source of aids and so they kept screaming and running away from the 4 guys lol
Quote Reply
The spider was part of an experiment that bit Peter Parker, I've never heard of Irving being in any Marvel comic ... lol but I haven't been to the shops for quite a bit either.

try .. marvel comics ... they've got on-line comics ... now that's a piece of flash coding I want!!!

Marvel, has some very good theories on "time" and "evolution" ... pretty close to what Hawkins could come up with.

Batman, is so much better as a comic. He sucks whenever he's on TV. Just too dang nice.

I'm a marvel fan though basically, since they don't write to many cream puff stories like DC does.

StarTrek is cool. A cheap cheesey set (ahh the old days), Kirk getting all the women, and the red guys end up getting killed, ... and a some what interesting story. LOL ... it's really habitual.

let's not forget "twilight zone" and the "outer limits".

ugh, thunderbirds. I still hate the sparkler that spews from the rockets.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Episode II vs Spiderman In reply to
Quote:
I've never heard of Irving being in any Marvel comic

That's because "Irving" was the name we used for him as part of an inside joke at work ;-) "Irving Spiderman" would pass as a valid name if he was Jewish. Sorry for the confusion.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Hopefully not in the literal sense..."geeks" that is, I don't bite the heads off of chickens. Wink
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me