Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Email rejected as a spam?

Quote Reply
Email rejected as a spam?
Hi,

My sever sends out mass mail for subscribed users for a specific service as cron job. But some times, some emails were rejected with this status "Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.7.1 Appears to be spam". Do I need to change something in the mass mail program or server config or something else to avoid this?

TIA,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Email rejected as a spam? In reply to
check out your filter, there's something in your filter that blocks these email, its either on the subject line.. thanks..
Quote Reply
Re: [c0d3z3r0] Email rejected as a spam? In reply to
Thanks for your suggestions. But the settings is on the receipients' server.

And when replying the email, I keep the message short and it works.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
It's hard to say. It depends on why it is being rejected. Different spam blockers have different rules for what they consider to be spam, such as emails with certain amounts of CAPITALS or html etc. Make sure you aren't listed in the major spam black lists too.
Quote Reply
Re: [Hargreaves] Email rejected as a spam? In reply to
Make sure the 'sender' email address and the return email address match. I had this problem when emails were sent by ...@server with the return address ...@me.com. It might explain why the emails are being accepted when you reply.
Quote Reply
I sent an e-mail with a / in the subject line. It was rejected by the recipient with the message: Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Spam filter. I removed the / and it was accepted.
ed